18

A/N: I'm back after a year and a half! I feel so embarrassed that it took me so long. I'm so sorry for the extremely long wait!

The following day I was very much not in the mood to return to school, not after the day I had just had. Luckily, neither of my boyfriends made me go. Every day I feel grateful for having such understanding and caring partners. They make all this pain worth it. 

So, instead of suffering in that place where everyone seemed to hate me, I was relaxing in a hot bubble bath. My back was resting on Louis' chest, my uninjured leg entangled with his and our hearts beating in perfect synchronicity. His hand was combing through my hair, gently massaging my scalp as he did so. 

If anyone were to ask me what the definition of peace was, then this moment was almost the ideal explanation. Almost. If only there were three of us instead of just two. Zayn - like the perfect boyfriend he is - was downstairs making an exquisite breakfast for us less talented people. 

"I wish I could stay here forever," Louis whispered in my ear. His hot breath on my neck made me shiver in the most pleasant way possible. 

"Me too," I whispered back. Why is it that when someone whispers something to you, you always feel like you need to answer back in a whisper? Most likely so you wouldn't break the illusion of tranquility the other person had created. 

"We should probably get out soon."

"Yeah," I agreed. Neither of us moved. At least not until we noticed the new presence in the undisturbed space we had created. 

"Food's ready. Come down when you're finished," our disturber let us know. With a kiss to my forehead he left us alone once again. 

"Guess we have to leave now." 

"Yeah," I sighed. Louis helped me wash off all the soap and checked to see if my cast was still dry. We'd wrapped it in a trash bag before getting in and I had attempted to keep my leg over the edge of the bath. This damned injury was making life so unnecessarily difficult. 

Once dry, I dressed in my sweatpants and the softest hoodie known to man. It most likely belonged to one of my partners, it was absolutely huge on me. Plus, it smelled like home. I couldn't explain what exactly that smell was even if I tried. It was like the flawless mix of Louis' and Zayn's perfumes with the natural smell of the house. Home. But even that description doesn't do justice for the emotions it brings out from the deepest parts of me. 

"Ready to head down?" Louis asked. 

"Yes, if you are," was my reply. I reached out my arms for him so he could pick me up and safely transport me down the seemingly endless staircase. I had long given up on the privilege of walking while in the presence on either of the two men I oh so dearly loved. 

He grinned at my reaction and did indeed pick me up. "Look who's learned his lesson," he teased. Right. I winced at the memory of trying to fight them on the matter. 

* flashback*

"Come on sweetie, let me take you upstairs," Zayn offered. 

"I can do it on my own. I'm not some damsel in distress that needs your saving you know," I protested. 

"I know that. It just makes me feel better to know you're safe in my arms and couldn't possibly hurt yourself. Seeing you in pain hurts me."

"I think it's sweet you feel that way but I need to be able to move on my own. You won't be with me in school after all. I can't grow completely dependent on you guys."

"Exactly my point. You're all alone in school. At least let us help you at home so you can get some rest."

"Nuh-uh. I'm going to go upstairs on my own and there's nothing you can do to stop me."