2

"So let me get this straight. Your mum is going away for a few months to help your grandmother, who broke her leg, and you'll be staying with Louis and Zayn Tomlinson until she comes back?" Niall asked with surprise being the only emotion present in his voice and on his face. 

"Pretty much, yeah," I confirmed.

"Woah. That's crazy. How do you feel about it?"

"Honestly? I'm scared. I haven't talked much to those two so I'll basically be staying with complete strangers. And I haven't spent longer than a week away from my mum before."

"Oh you poor baby. But I'm here for you, yeah? You can always stay with me if you want to," he offered.

"I know, thank you," I said with a smile.

"So how did you even find out about the situation?"

"They were the mystery guests last night," I explained.

"Of course. I can't believe I didn't make that connection," he facepalmed. Literally.

Before we could talk any more the school bell rang.

"Tell me all the details at lunch, yeah?"

"Sure," I promised before heading to my first class.

○●○●○

Less than half an hour after I got home the doorbell rang. I groaned because I had just gotten comfortable on my bed.

With a sigh I got up and went downstairs. Mummy was in the store so I had to open it.

I opened the door and was greeted by the sight of a gorgeous man called Louis Tomlinson.

"H-hi?" I said but it came out more as a question.

"Hello, darling. I came here to talk about all the details with your mum. Can I come in?"

"She's actually not he-here right now. But yeah, sure," I said and opened the door further so he could step inside.

"Are you okay? You seem pretty nervous," he asked with a smirk. Meanie.

"I'm fine," I answered with red cheeks. I started walking to the living room to get away from him but he followed me there. 

I sat down on the couch and he sat right next to me, closer than I expected him to.

"So how was school?" Louis asked after a few minutes of awkward silence.

"It was fine. Very tiring of course," I replied.

"I remember our high school days. It was so horrible. I hated all the students and all the teachers there," he laughed.

"But it was also one of the best time of my life. That's how I met Zayn after all," he reminisced.

"Oh?" I didn't know that. "How did you meet?" I asked him out of curiosity.

"In art class. I was failing miserably and he helped me out. After that we became friends and over a few years we both caught feelings."

"That sounds lovely," I smiled.

"Thanks. You should enjoy your last few months. You can still meet your one true soulmate there like I did," he told me with a quick wink.

"I seriously doubt it," I replied honestly. No one has ever shown any interest in me. Niall said that a lot of people have but I'm just too oblivious and innocent to notice. I think he's wrong.

"Well-" he was interrupted by the door opening and a moment later my mum entering the room.

"Oh, hello Louis! I wasn't expecting to see you here," she placed her hand over her heart in surprise and laughed.