Chapter 12

Uh hi anyways I'm annoyed because I wrote for this chapter at some point but apparently I somehow deleted all the things I wrote so um I basically have to redo it all ;-; this time I hope it saves

"We haven't seen you around in a bit, John!" Lafayette's mom's voice exclaimed from the kitchen. John chuckled a little as he put his jacket away. "Yeah...I've just been at home really." He shrugged, glancing at Lafayette. The other boy didn't really say anything to that. Probably a good thing. His mom came over to them and smiled. "That's okay. Would you boys like anything to eat?" Lafayette shook his head. "No thank you." John agreed.
"Okay, well if you get hungry, there's some sandwiches in the fridge." Lafayette's mom hummed as she went back to the kitchen.

"Alright!" Lafayette said and pulled John up to his bedroom with him. John sat on a chair in front of the bed and Lafayette sat on the bed with his legs crossed. "Well. I think we should talk then."
John nodded, his eyes scanning around the room so he wouldn't have to look at Lafayette. He still felt kind of awkward. This was the room where he got his first kiss and so much more. "Yeah we should I guess...I don't even know how to start, I've been thinking about everything that's happened. What you said...I'm sorry I haven't taken your thoughts and feelings into more consideration. I always cared about you and I wanted you to know I cared about you." John said, looking down at his lap. "I just had so much going on in my life and...I struggled with my own feelings. I wasn't in the best place at the time."

Lafayette listened, his expression softening. "Well I appreciate you're honest with your feelings. I feel like we both struggled with ourselves at the moment but I understand I didn't make your being better at all." He patted the bed as an invitation for John to come over. John lifted his gaze, hesitating at first before standing up and walked over. He sat next to Lafayette, their arms brushing up against each other. John blushed, clearing his throat. "I guess you're right. I was...it was depressing time." He blinked, feeling tears in his eyes. Lafayette nodded, wrapping an arm around John. "I know...and I'm sorry I didn't make it any easier for you." He said quietly, holding John close. John looked up at the taller boy, frowning. "Maybe we weren't ready for a relationship...we moved too fast." He took a breath. "I want to try again though. Thomas doesn't mean anything to me, I never had feelings for him." John sighed out, leaning so his head was on Lafayette's shoulder.
"I feel like such a dick head though. We fucked and now I'm saying I didn't have feelings for him."

Lafayette shrugged at that. "I know what you mean but Thomas didn't have feelings for you either. So he wouldn't mind if you got together with me. I don't want to hear about him though, obviously I don't." He mumbled, squeezing John a little. John of course understood that, he wasn't going to think about Thomas or talk about him anymore than he had to.

"Well...since we're on the same page, would you like to try again?" John asked hesitantly and looked up at Lafayette. He saw the boy's eyes brighten up, he looked happy and excited. Really was the best look on Lafayette.
"Yeah...yeah I guess it wouldn't hurt to try again...just be aware, I need a moment to get over all of this but I'm willing to try." He smiled.

John's heart has beating fast and he hugged Lafayette tightly. "Thank you...thank you so much, I promise I'll be the best boyfriend ever for you."
Lafayette rubbed John back with a soft smile. "I promise that too. I have so much I love I want to give you, John..." John just melted into him, smiling sheepishly. He was happy that he and Lafayette could talk things through-although what he and Thomas did still bothered him. But if Lafayette really didn't care then John shouldn't either. They were in a mutual agreement on it after all so they should be fine.

After a minute, John pulled away from the hug and gently cupped Lafayette's face. "You know you don't have to forgive me right...? You have every right to be angry with me." Lafayette nodded, setting his hand on top of John's.
"I know. But I choose to do so, despite the fact it makes me angry what you did-I can learn to let it go. But you really have to learn to do better sometimes. For now though...we're all good. I'm just glad to be here with you." He replied and gave John a light kiss on his nose. That made the freckled boy giggle a little.
"Oh alright alright, don't keep rubbing it in my face. I love you Laf and I will forever love you."

Lafayette hummed at that. "I love you too." He wrapped his arms around John once again and they fell down on their backs against the bed. They both laughed and were happy things turned out for the better, finally. John's home life hadn't improved much and Lafayette's life hadn't changed either, together they could forget all of that. And maybe, if they weren't 'losers', outcasts or whatever, they might have never found each other. Everyone deserves to be loved and to love, you just have to find the right person. And these two, besides the difficulties, look like they could have a bright future ahead of them.

So yeah I finally updated this😖 it's been a long while hasn't it? Sorry, I just kinda lost inspiration for a while but now it's back! I'm planning for one more chapter or a continuation like a sequel to this so let me know if you're interested in that! And thanks for everyone who's been reading this and actually taken interest, it means so much to me❤️