Chapter 9

(Y/n) POV)

Seiho's passing was exceptional. Their passes were fast, and at times hard to keep up with. They passed to Iwamura-senapi who I was guarding, and he then passed to Tsugawa as I covered him. Tsugawa went for the layup, but Kaga-chin blocked the shot.

Ref: "Foul! White 10!" A little too well in fact. Their offense is good. It's hard to keep up to their small movements. 6-15 as the ball goes out of bounds. "Out of bounds, white ball!" I watched Tsugawa bump into Kuro-chin.

Kuro-chin: "Sorry."

Tsugawa: "You!" Cue the generic reaction to Kuro-chin. "Who are you? Have you been playing this game?"

Kuro-chin: "I'm Kuroko Testuya. I have been."

Tsugawa: "You're kidding! Seriously? You've got so little presence!" Kaga-chin and Hyuga-senpai looked shocked. "You're a first-year, too? Hey, did you know? Last year, our team was ahead of yours by 20 points in the first quarter. That's why I want to make it 30. Well, don't let it get you down!"

Kuro-chin: "Fine. I will make sure I am not disappointed." Iwamura-senpai was heavily as he was still salty about me dunking on him. Izuki-senpai threw the ball my way randomly and I smirked and began readying my hands. The ball landed in my hands perfectly as I stared into Iwamura-senpai's eyes. I quickly took the easy layup before he could react due to being surprised by Kuro-chin.

"Come now, that was an easy steal Iwamura-senpai. Don't tell me is the shield starting to crack~?" I patted Kuro-chin's shoulder as I jogged back to defend.

RP3: "Damn it."

RP1: "Now, now. Calm down, kids." He blows past Izuki-senpai and went for the pullup as I guarded the paint. I didn't bother moving as I saw Kaga-chin jump up from behind and block the shot. The hit from behind made the ball bounce off the backboard and back into Izuki-senpai's hands.

'The tides are changing.' Nearing the end of the first, Kuro-chin stole the ball and it landed in Kaga-chin's hands who then immediately passes to Hyuga-senpai who shoots a quick three that was honestly beautiful as it swished threw the net.

Announcer: "First quarter over!" 19-19, tie game.

Iwamura: "I heard this guy said something stupid again." He holds up Tsugawa by the back of his jersey.

Hyuga: "Yeah. Honestly, it brought back memories of last year's trauma."

Iwamura: "Sorry."

Hyuga: "But it's fine. We got over it."

Coach: "This game is just getting started! Keep the formation as is! You're being led by their passes too much, so keep your zone tighter. Also, Kagami, you have a lot of fouls. If you just try to match your opponents like a wuss, they'll control the flow of the game. Remember to play offensively!"

"Coach." She looks at me. "Leave the inside to me." I untie the cloth from my wrist and tied it around my forehead. The twin tails of the cloth headband split around my hair. "Everyone, stay on your marks and I'll protect the rim. It's time to give my prototype some on field testing." Everyone nods as we walk back on the court. 

Announcer: "Second quarter, begin." Tsugawa didn't let Kaga-chin get past him as they tighten their defense. However, Kuro-chin is one sneaky bastard, and Kaga-chin used that to get past Tsugawa but was quickly stopped by Iwamura-senpai. Using the same move Kaga-chin dunked as he past Iwamura-senpai. I had already jogged back to defend as I noticed something.

'Kaga-chin's already tired? Odd.' I stood under the basket as I watched his heavy breathing. I did what I assigned myself to do and easily slapped down Iwamura-senpai's dunk attempt. Back on offense, Captain snapped a man's ankles and passed the ball to Kaga-chin. Not what I would've done there but oh well. Kaga-chin went to take a shot as Tsugawa wasn't pressuring him for some reason. Oh, wait a second.