56

Taj

We've been on the road for 8 hours so far and we were heading to Illinois. My aunt said we can rent out her house that she has out there. I hate that I even had to ask her, but thats what I had to do.

"Are we almost there NOW?" Mya asked from the back. We had about 6 hours left and she wasn't feeling the long ride.

"No we have six hours left"

"AWWW MAN BUT IM HUNGRY" she whined.

"Mya hush it up were going to get food just chill" Kya said looking up from her phone. I looked in the rear view seeing Mya with her arms folded and a mug on her face.

"Fix ya face" Kya said and Mya gave this fake ass smile. I bust out laughing causing Kya to look at me with a serious face.

"Mya you gotta stop with that crybaby shit man... all that whining is about to get you a whooping" she said. She's been harder on Mya lately, and I think that has something to do with the baby. Once she comes its going to be different, and I think Kya is trying to break her out of the whining thing so she doesn't assume thats the way to go.

Mya continued to pout back there as we pulled up to a jack in a box. I ordered the food and allat and after everyone had what they wanted I pulled off and we were back on the road.

***

"Hey auntie... yall this is my aunt Lo" i said as we greeted my auntie.

"Hey how you doing" Kya said.

"Hey Ms. Lo" Mya said waving. My aunt looked at them smiling and held her arms out for a hug. 

I gave her a hug and walked past her. 

"Yall cmon and give auntie a hug too yall family" she said and Kya walked into a hug then let go and it was Mya's turn. Mya just looked at my aunt then looked at us. I facepalmed myself and Kya shook her head.

"Can i hug her" she asked and I bust out laughing. Kya told her yes and she gave her a side hug.

"Girl im yo aunt you at my house..u dont have to ask them if you can hug me...you dont ask them for nothing when you're here you can do what you want" she said and Kya's eyes got wide.

"Thank you tt" she said.

"Your welcome now cmon here lemme show yall the house" she said walking further into the house.

"I wish you would" Kya said lowly to Mya with her teeth gritted. Mya stuck her tongue out then quickly ran by my aunt.

"Imma beat ha ass ouu imma beat ha...Lord be a fence around this child you gave me" Kya said to herself and I bust out laughing. 

***

"Okay and the house yall gone be at is literally right around the corner...once yall get to that street down there turn left and yall house is the second one on the right side. Yall stay by Jenelle, and Daniel" my aunt said.

"ALL THIS is family land?" Kya asked and my aunt nodded.

"Girl yes the next three streets is all ours my great grand daddy bought it from these white folks and made it our home and the home of our children as well" she said pointing at Kya's stomach.

"How far along are you baby?" she asked smiling.

"5 months about to be 6 on the 15th" Kya said smiling. I smiled too.

"Yall better take care of them babies...i want yall to go to Grady and get her a doctor as soon as yall can...all this moving around isn't good for her and the baby...yall know the gender"