Chapter 8: New life in California

POV: Ethan

I'm super happy that Izzie told me this. It was a big step in our relationship. Also we said "I Love You" to each other. I thought it was a good time, and Izzie said it back. Everything is great. The last month in Florida has been great. We were out almost everyday. I took Izzie on several dates and we are super close. I know that I love her, and I know that she loves me.

I wonder about what will happen when we move? Well, I'm going to be in a dorm, while she's a mile away in her eating disorders place. I really want her to get better. She has always looked perfectly fine. At the waterpark, she didn't look like she was anorexic at all. She was skinny, but she didn't seem overly skinny. I can tell Conner is trying to help her gain weight, which is helping her.

After our very long stay, we have to go our separate ways. I will only be back in NJ for a week, and then I get to take a plane out to LA. It's going to be a great time. I'm so excited to be out on my own. I sort of don't want to live in the dorms. I want to get an apartment for Izzie and I. I loved this summer with Izzie. It was fun and exciting and I loved it. I can't say I loved it enough.

It doesn't help that Izzie has to stay at the eat disorders place. When she gets better, yes I would love to live with her. I know how hard it will be for her to recover, and she will still have moments where she will want to relapse. I understand the best thing for her to have this, but I want her to myself. That sounds very selfish, but I love her. I really do want her to get better so I can have her to myself.

Once I get on the plane to NJ, I miss her so much. I actually hate being away from her. It's only going to be about a week or two, but it's constant torture. I always think about her, and sleeping takes me forever without her. I will have to get used to it. I pack and I'm on a plane to California in seconds! It's amazing! I've been to California too many times to keep track. It's great, but I'm used to it as a second home.

I go into Berkley and get my dorm. I requested my roommate to be Grayson, which was granted. It was just more comfortable, and being with my twin is always a fun time, always. We are super close, and we've been in the same room for years. Our rooms have been smaller than this dorm room before too. It was easy unpacking. I also got some books from online at discounted price for my classes. I'm taking video content, calculus, biology 5, and a couple other classes. It seems like a pretty easy time. I decided to choose easy things so I could be maybe have a relationship. I picked right.

Izzie got there a couple days before me. She got a room to herself in the eating disorders place. Her and her mom also went to the dance company and got an idea about classes and shows. Izzie would be dancing a lot, and she would be at the eating disorders place too. She has a lot going on here, and so do I. We decide to meet for lunch at her place so I could take her out. We have to tell them where we're going and what we are thinking of ordering. I kind of get It but it doesn't make the most sense to me. I whisper what we're doing and tell him what I have planned for food.

"I'm so glad that you got me out of this place! I'm dying in there. There is no workout machines or anything fun to do. They basically lock us up in there and feed us too much food," Izzie says.
"Well it seems like too much food to you, but it's probably normal," I say.
"No. They serve us the three important meals, and then every hour they come and give us huge snacks like popcorn or brownies or cake! It's insane. And if you say no thanks they get really mad and more people come in," she says. She sounds super sad. Izzie hates this stupid place, I can already tell.
"Well, I think next year everything will be better," I say.
"Why?" She asks.
"I was thinking after you complete your stay and get healthy again, we could get our own apartment together. I think Grayson would move in too, but it's something to think about," I say. She has the biggest smile on her face.
"Yes! That would be great! Hopefully I can get better so I don't have to be there and I can be with you!" She says in a very happy tone.
"So how about that lunch?" I ask.
"How about yes?" Izzie asks.
"Great! I made a picnic for us and the beach is a 10 minute walk from here, let's go!" I say. Izzie face is so bright!
"Oh my goodness! I can't believe you did this!" She says.
Once we get to the beach we have our amazing lunch created by me. It's some homemade tacos and a salad. I brought some water too and fancy glasses for our water. Yes it's not the most classiest thing I've done, but it's something fun. Izzie was shocked. She really likes it when I'm super romantic. I don't really think that I am really romantic, but if she likes this kind of stuff, I'll do it.
"When do your classes start?" Izzie ask.
"They start in three weeks, do you have classes?" I ask.
"Yeah I have "healthy eating" classes and stuff like that, they start next week, and my dance classes are starting in two weeks," she says.
"Everything is going to be fine. And you'll have me!" I say.
"Hopefully everything will be fine, I just don't want to loose you. I don't want a college girl to come on to you drunk and have sex with you, or so,etching crazy like that." Izzie says.
"That won't happen. I promise. Most of the time I will be studying. If I'm not then I'll be skyping/calling/texting/ being with you. Your the only one on my mind," I say.
"Really? Oh Ethan! I love you so much! I can't even describe it in words!" Izzie says. I blush and look away.

All of a sudden I hear a loud noise. I turn to look to see what it is, but I have no idea what it could be. When I turn back to meet eyes with Izzie, she's gone!

Authors note: Whoa, crazy chapter! Who took Izzie? What will happen to her? Where did they take her? How did Ethan not know? Updates will come soon! Like, comment, share, and add it to your library! -😻