The Dark King

Upon a farrell brow a fisted clenching rested against a devilish face. Reddish eyes flickered about studying the room in an ethereal darkness. His black cape wrapped around him like the wings of a brutish demon. A somber light pierced inward, but was draped tightly behind black silk curtains.

His throne of a dusty sable shined brightly in a shadows' mirage of kingly proportions. Adorned of scarlet jewels, sapphires, and onyx stained glimmering.

The desire to be rich and powerful foretold his bitter branding. His deal with the devil penned loosely upon bloodied parchment. His name in printed disarray.

Encaptured on the page were 3 rules.

To break these rules would crumble his immortality, would smitten his power and release the curse. He would crawl with vipers into the nest of thieves. Their venom rendering him in a distilled torment of death employed quickly. 

When he signed his soul over, his heart and the flesh and bone of his body, he read the 3 rules

1. I AM YOUR MASTER. UPON MY BREATH YOU WILL BE GIVEN POWER, STRENGTH, WEALTH, AND WILL HAVE AN EMPIRE AS VAST AS THE MOUNTAINS OF VINECIA.

BETRAY ME. YOU WILL DIE

2. YOU MAY ONLY VENTURE OUT WHEN THE SUN FADES INTO THE MOON. DARKNESS WILL EMPLOY YOUR POWER. DURING THE DAY YOU WILL BE WEAK AND FEEBLE. AT NIGHT YOU WILL REIGN SUPREME.

BETRAY ME. YOU WILL DIE.

3. DO NOT REVEAL WHO YOU REALLY ARE. IN THE DAY YOU ARE TO REMAIN IN YOUR CHAMBER. BY NIGHT YOU ARE DRAKAMEER SON OF THE DEVIL.

IF YOU REVEAL YOUR TRUE IDENTITY

YOU WILL DIE.

Drakameer looked upwards at his beloveds' portrait.

Her serene smile highlighting the etching of an unfathomable beauty. The soft tender retreat of her memory remained within him. Silent for the years he could no longer cry.

He held within a sickening pain that would never dismiss his evil.

Her skin magical in its refining lines and life of color, white and angelic. Her eyes the treasured gaze of dark green pressing eternally into the kings ravenous soul. Her gift of kindness repelled him upon his chair. His immortality unbroken, Unquenched, he spent in extreme aloneness. With his queen tattooed upon the painted fabric.

Roaches and leeches crawled upon the barren structure of the walls. A putrid filth filled the air. All darkness bowed viciously before the king. Where her picture was, there was only the soft persuasion of an endless goodness.

A seemingly angelic beam of light spread outward from her innocent eyes. Shining outward as an eternal beacon. A spotlight casting down upon the king. Lighting his throne in an agonized dealing.

The room remained in pitch black, all but the painting and the king who sat before it.

As if God was tendering his hope upon him. His steadiness in faithful projection. Displacing evil for truth, darkness for light. The king sat alone in a disheveled state of torment. Staring into her eyes. Accusing his soul of a tinting of sorrow. A remembrance of her kiss. The echo of her laughter, plummeting him into his own disaster.

His abandon.

His regret of what he became and what he desires. Blood and ridicule upon his enemies. Their dark gift of death, the primal coaxing of blackness. Joining in contrition with vein and dead heart still throbbing. Still delivering the life granting substance that incorporates the rebirth of his rival infliction.

That tormentor of a lethal ablation. Its addiction persuading of an exotic fallacy. The taste of its mistress upon his tongue. Its persuading hopelessness powering dead cells now revived.

To this his tired limbs breathe of a stagnant durability. His body contorts within a mirrored final residence. Forever in coldness he dwells. Envying the screams of the innocent and the warmth of their hearts left in atonement.

In darkness, her smile haunts him.

Its remembrance on the kiss of angels. Deep in the throes of a dissonant plain of forever. Inviting her touch once again to what is withered and feeble. The place within a dark heart where his love for her in passion has never died.