"The Gateway"

Sunset dipped its cool finger into the narrow glaze of a waiting moon. Darkness enthralled the avalanche of a subtle shadow across the entire land. The trees bent in submission as a gentle weeping of tired branches succumbed to a falling wind. There bark covering the shivering cold that drew there final hesitation.

All became blackness.

A perfect blackness.

A gritty slouching culprit of internal nothing spewed out like speckled paint that longed to be seen. To be observed as it was in the clutching counterpart of sunlight now chained to an upright upheaval. In uniformed patterns of differing shades the blackness assumed its task of providing what the dark king needed. Armor twisted amidst reptilian innards cloaking the chest of bone and a black heart reanimating. Now assuming the chiming disillusion in the propriety of the whole of the lightning singed spectacle. Greenish eyes struck as fire to the shine of the moon. There slitted vengeance tampering with the shades of grey and black to procure the perfect vision for decimation. Muscles clamped within a rhythmic carousel upon deadened blood. lubricating joints that hauled the ligaments of worms. Infesting by nightshade sipped by flesh that stamped onto there immense bodies. Wings that encompassed the cocoon like shaping of an eternal oneness snapped out and tore through the darkness. Barring the signature of the mark of the king, Drakameer stood before them.

tonight we conquer!!!

The gateway was chiseled into the form of what appeared to be a raven. Its black feathered crouching wrapping its wings amidst a doorway carved of coated granite. Metallic elements speckled loosely amidst the design of the ravens body encompassing the immense portal structure. It's symbol shined in a translucent mist. Lunging outward as stairs lead to the mouth of its opening.

Through the archaic entrance the massive hulking of armor clad soldiers joined together into a triumphant marching. Flailing swords cracking the sky induced an out right delirium of quickening senses. The cultivation of immense strength emblazoned upon ruthless intent smiled loosely. Through the portal they trudged beneathe the bones of the dead castrated of there flesh in faltered humanity. Powering the monstrosity of its calibrated workings. The ravens ruby eyes glowed in the firey darkness. Projecting outward there titan like stature. Commanding the wind to bow before its rugged strength.

Drakameer smiled as he watched his legion depart into nothingness.
The portal whizzed and whirled at the speed of light. It's dark talens gripping the earth beneathe it. Convulsing and writhing within a ferocious atrophy it awaited the dark kings entrance.

"Soon.... very soon...."
"I shall be the king of even the light! And through there dreams I will crush it into darkness!!"

Drakameer once again smiled snugly beneathe his own foreboding conduct. His plans of ridicule hoisted into the muscular division of bones plaqueing outward. Contending to dispell their lethal purpose. Unseen upon the onslaught of another dimension. Powered by the grim works of an obsessive evil. He walked slowly through the gateway. A searing beacon of light spread frantically throughout the darkened corridors. Shadow became married to the tones of outward humming from the machines internal contraptions.

Slowly all became silent.

The quiet chill of an arctic symphony bathed the portal in its final resting. The hallways clinged to the gloomy doom based fragrance of swords sharpened and torches mingling amidst earth and steel.

Night had finally awakened.