27. Amanda & Emanuelle

TOM's POV

They say that if you get nervous for some reason, you care about it

The last time I was so nervous I was putting on a suit for my own wedding. Which scares me, because I won't spend this evening with the woman I held by the hand that day,
Not only that, I even have divorce papers ready, which I never expected in my life. And the last thing I never thought that my wife whom I have known for over 10 years will exchange me for a German Architect. What hurts me more is that they met when I thought we were still very happy.

It is not about money if Amanda would come to me and said that it did not work out, that she is sorry, I would probably not even argue with her about this company.

Now I am not convinced.

The bright spot of the evening is definitely.

Emanuelle

Elle

I didn't think that after all the unpleasant things I told her she would still want to have anything to do with me. Her calmness is contagious, silence in her company is not a problem. Elle with a glass of red wine in the dungarees and the pony tied at the top of her head is the most charming thing I've ever seen. The fact that she somehow made friends with Emma, and we could spend so much time this summer together is the thing for which I will thank you for the rest of my life.

Even if we spent the time with Adam and Emma not alone.

Tonight is special, my parents are celebrating their 35th wedding anniversary, and in two weeks it would be my and Amanda's anniversary.

Our fifth wedding anniversary.

By then divorce papers will bee send.

So far, when we were going together with Emma, Elle and Adam, I always let Amanda know in some way, but after meeting the detective where he gave me all the revelations about my wife, I don't feel like telling her that I'm going to dinner to my parents with someone. Even if I am thinking that I am going only with Elle.

I will not tell her that as soon as I officially stop being her husband I will invite Elle on the date she deserves.

- I'll come for you in about 30 minutes, and we'll go for Emme and Adam - I wrote a short message

- Ok I'm ready now

- I need some more time and I'll be on my way - I adjusted my tie one last time

- Ok, I told you I would wait for you - Her patience is almost angelic. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't decide to end my relationship with Amanda.

The driver has been waiting for 10 minutes, I put on my jacket, I took my coat, and we set off on Emanuelle. At this time the road to it should take about 15 minutes so as soon as the driver started the engine I wrote to her to go downstairs. When we drove up to her building she was already waiting, when I got out of the car to say hello on her face appeared the most beautiful smile.

I have seen it once before but I don't remember where.

- It's good to see you smiling - she welcomed me

- I smile every day
- Not from the beginning of our acquaintances - She winked at me and I invited her to the car

- We have a driver today

- Yes, I thought the taxi would not suit this occasion

We went for Emma and Adam, and we arrived at the restaurant on time

After dinner, we went dancing, I promised her I wouldn't leave her for long, but I have to dance with my mother and my aunts, they won't forgive me even when they see my partner.