21. Emanuelle and Tom

I just need to find an opportunity for a confrontation

* * *

This weekend was not easy, after returning home I could not sleep, just thinking that my task was not getting easier deprived me of my ability to sleep. I didn't understand what I did to him, that somehow all his friends try to explain to me that he really is a nice guy. Nobody understands why he treats me this way.

That evening I did not care about this, I turned on the old Madonna hits and with a glass of wine I walked around the apartment losing more pieces of clothes. At the end of this journey I found myself in the shower. The water somehow brought relief.

Or thinking about the possibility that he somehow likes me too, the only question is whether I would like to try anything with someone who cheated on someone?

I fell asleep

But it wasn't a good night's sleep.

* * *

I don't remember Sunday

* * *

When Monday came, I was calm, I arrived at the briefing in the morning, I saw that I am starting my work without supervision with regular patients. Some of them I've already had the opportunity to meet, most of 'my patients' are children or adolescents, which suited me very well. Ann says she sees them getting along well with me. So she prefers to pass these patients over to me, because most of our physiotherapists are men and they don't always have patience.

I have never met with any physiotherapist behaving unprofessionally and showing a child impatience I don't know where Ann has such conclusions.

After checking in and the first patient, Laura, an 18-year-old dancer with twisted ankle, I had a bit of nerves broken. The girl may be talented but she is also terribly spoiled. Meeting an adult life will hurt her probably. Just let her finish high school.
I logged in to the email box to confirm that I have a meeting with Tom. I don't think I was even surprised when I saw the note about moving the meeting to Thursday.

Before I started getting nervous, I approached Ann, who should know if Tom has something important to do at this point, and ask if something has changed in his day plan. Ann was genuinely surprised because this morning Tom said he would meet with me.
My blood pressure has jumped.

My heart started beating harder.

Almost running, I headed towards his office, I was surprised that in all this almost fury I was still able to keep some good manners. I knocked on his office door, Tom answered in a calm, warm voice, please come in. '

Somehow, he turned into an ice cube as soon as he saw me. His voice was lower, firm, I was furious. Everyone around was right somehow it was only this cold for me.

- What have I done to you? - We were at the workplace so I shouted in a whisper

- I do not understand - his expression was pure surprise