Chapter 18.5

Shigaraki Tomura's PoV -

I paced around the room, an empty cup of whiskey in my hand. I know I'm too young to drink. I don't even really like it all that much. But it makes me look so badass, so shut up.

"Shiggy, it's been an hour. You're making us all dizzy." Toga cocked her head to the side, peering at me worriedly. I clenched the glass and it turned to ash, its remains spilling through my fingers and floating to the ground.

"Imagine if you killed her." Dabi let out a flat laugh. I glared at him.

"I swear if that stupid, blundering Nomu killed her-"

"You're scratching again." Kurogiri pointed out warmly. I tutted but dropped my hand. Twice ran in, panting heavily.

"She's alright! She's dead!" I snapped my head over to him. "She just left UA with that blonde boy. On her way to Heaven." I grabbed my phone from the bar counter, fumbling with the controls as I tried not to destroy yet another phone. I clicked her name and found my chest fluttering. Like hundreds of butterflies were trapped in my body. It felt like forever since I last heard her voice. The device beeped.

She declined the call...

I tried again.

Then I tried again.

On my third attempt, she picked up.

"What the actual fuck, Shigaraki. Did you know about this?" Instead of summer rain, her voice sounded like a storm.

"Hinami! You're alive!" I couldn't help but sigh happily.

"Yeah. No thanks to the shitty League. That Nomu thing almost fucking killed my Dad! It almost killed me!" Why did I feel like I was being scolded? And why did it upset me so much to know that I've hurt her feelings?

"I'm sorry! I didn't know that it was your class going. I tried to stop them from doing it but it was too late."

"Oh. So if I wasn't there, it would have been fine to attack a bunch of kids?"

"Wh- I-" She had me there...

"I thought you were decent!" That one stung a little if I'm honest.

"I'm sorry, Hinami. I really am. Despite how I feel about you, I'm still a villain."

"D-don't say it like that!" She spluttered.

"Don't say it like what?"

"Your wording has other implications!" I raised my eyebrows to the others. They all gave me a bewildered look, only hearing one half of the conversation.

"I'm pretty sure the implications are intentional."

"I'm going."

"Hinami wait!"

"Goodbye, Shigaraki."

"Don't-" She put the phone down. I closed my eyes and held out my hand. Kurogiri placed a glass in it. I took it gratefully.

Before throwing it across the room.

It connected with the wall, smashing into a million pieces. Everyone but Kurogiri and Dabi flinched.

"Bad news?" Dabi asked with a smirk, fiddling with those stupid staples.

"All that work, undone! Why did she have to be on that cursed trip?"

"Don't worry, Shiggy. I'm sure you'll be able to fix things!" Toga threw her hands up happily. How I wish I could be as carefree as her.

"Why do you even care? I feel like I'm missing something. Isn't it obvious, you idiot!"

"That's because you're thick, Jin." Getting up and pouring himself a drink, Dabi threw the comment over his shoulder carelessly. Twice sniffled and Toga patted his shoulder.

"She's part of the Hata family. They were a force to be reckoned with. They worked with Master for many many years. They were very powerful and everyone knew who they were loyal to. They were feared before people thought that the family were killed out. If we can get her and reveal that the Hata bloodline continues and is still loyal to All for One, it would send waves through the criminal world! Plus, she could be an invaluable informant, especially with how close to is to the number one."

"Stop scratching, young Tomura."

"But she's not gonna stand with us now. She loves her dads, and she loves her friends, and she loves heroes." Toga added.

"At the end of this, she'll love us. She'll love me." I said the last part under my breath.

"Why don't you kidnap her or something?" Twice asked innocently.

"I know a kid with a quirk that lets him fuck with people's brains. I could get him to-"

"No!" I cut them off, furious that they could even suggest such a thing. No harm shall come to Hinami. "Don't suggest stupid things to me. I need to do something. Something nice to win her over. Something... Heroic."

"Well, she's mad that we attacked her class and her family got hurt." Said Toga, putting her hand thoughtfully on her chin.

"Do something that will mean she won't get hurt. Do something to make her feel safe again."

"Dabi, I can't believe I'm saying this but, you're a genius." I grinned. "I think I have an idea. Kurogiri, I'll need your help."

"Of course. Whatever you require." He nodded the purple mass that was his head. I sat down on one of the stools and poured myself another whiskey, careful to only touch the bottle with four fingers.

I'll win Hinami over. She'll forget all about her life when she sees how great she could have it with the League of Villains.

I don't want to have to brainwash her. But if that's what it comes to...

Well, that's what it comes to.

(A/N)

Here. Have some more memes!

https://imgflip.com/i/5qg5hh

https://imgflip.com/i/5qg5q0 (This was funnier in my head tbh)

https://imgflip.com/i/5qg5r4 (most foreshadow in the book, I foreshadow in the memes)