Chapter 1: The news

A/N: First, thank you for reading. Second, the song I think of for this chapter is Hand me down by Citizen Solider.

I was about half way through my fall semester of my second year at the number one hero school in America. "Shaylynn." I hear my father call me while I work on my math homework.

"Coming." I yell back at him as I get up from my desk. Once I get downstairs I see dad reading over a letter he must have received in the mail today. "What's up dad?" I question once I got in the living room.

He looked up at me and said, "I have something very important to tell you." He then gestured for me to sit on the sofa.

"Okay," I began. "What's so important?"

He sat in his chair diagonal from me and says, "We are moving to Japan." It took me a moment to process what he just said.

"Uh, okay." I began, a little confused at this sudden news. "Why are we moving the Japan?" I questioned.

He sighed, "Because, I want you going to the number one hero school in the world, not just the number one in a single country." Well I can't argue with that logic, but I still wanted more information.

I pulled my silver iridescent hair over one shoulder, letting the light shining in from the window catch on the strands, causing light green and blue streaks to highlight my hair. "Ok," I began. "That makes sense. When will we be moving? Am I going to be finishing this semester out at least?" He let the questions sit for a moment and I watched the light catch on his semi-short hair making the blue hues more vibrant.

"You will finish this semester." He started. "You will also be taking the Provisional Hero Licensing Exam next month. You have to pass it and get your license before you can transfer to U.A." You nod and want to ask more questions, but he continues on. "I am going to be leaving the agency next week and we will be training together every day, yes even after school." He added the last part as he could see that I was about to ask if he really meant everyday. "We will also be studying Japanese in depth before we leave. I know that you are fluent, but I want to make sure you don't have any hiccups with the language when we get to Japan."

He pauses for a breath and raises his hand when I opened my mouth to speak again. "Shaylynn," He says. "Let me finish before you ask any questions." He lowers his hand and his blue-gray eyes meet my heterochromic ones. I see his eyes soften as he continues and I know it's because of my turquoise right eye that I inherited from mom. "U.A students are required to live on campus in the dorm rooms. So, you will be moving into the dorms a week after we arrive in Japan. We will be officially moving the last week of March."

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion since this semester will end just before Christmas. That means that I won't be going to school for three full months. Before I can ask about it he continues, "Even though you won't be attending classes for three months we will be training your quirk daily. You will also have assignments from U.A to complete as the principle wants to make sure your studies coincide with your class when you arrive. I know you are currently in your second year here in America, but in Japan you will be starting your second year in April, one week after we arrive. The school year runs a little different there compared to here. You will have three terms. Term one will run from the second week of April to mid July. You will then have summer break which the school will hold a summer training camp for two to three weeks of that time."

After a pause he continues, "The second term will run from the first week of September through the week before Christmas. You will then have a two week winter break. The third term will then run from the beginning of January to the end of March. Now, I know this is a lot to take in all at once. But, I am here to help you before we move. We will begin training daily once I am done with work in a week." He stopped then.