Chapter 15: Sports festival part 3

The first match of the final challenge was about to begin. "For the first round of the finals we will have 8 matches, ya dig!" Present Mic yelled through the speaker system. "The first match will be class 2-B's Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu against class 2-B's Hitoshi Shinso!"

They walk onto the cement platform that was built by Cementoss during the break. Once at the center they bow as they are told the match has officially begun. I figure that Tetsutetsu would have learned from last years festival that the only real way to beat Shinso would be to not talk, or make a noise really, the whole match. I guess I was wrong about that assumption though. A few minutes in, after Shinso evaded multiple direct attacks from Tetsutetsu, Shinso is able to get a response. As soon as Tetsutetsu uttered that single growl of frustration in response to Shinso's jabs it was game over. Tetsutetsu was already close to the boundary line and Shinso got him to walk over it in a matter of seconds.

"What? That kid has gotten stronger since last year!" Present Mic announces to the crowd.

Mr. Aizawa grunts and adds, "Of course he's gotten stronger. If he hadn't then he never would have been transferred from general studies to the hero course."

"Alright!" Present Mic shouts again. "Let's welcome our next pair! We have Kyoko Jiro versus Katsuki Bakugo! Can Jiro beat last years sports festival champion? Lets find out!" He takes an audible deep breath, "Begin!"

Jiro did try her best, she even made Bakugo's ears bleed. But, it wasn't enough for her to win the match. Bakugo pummeled her with explosions and she ended up passing out.

"Well, Jiro sure held her own, but Bakugo wins!" Present Mic's voice sounds out again. "Next we have transfer student Shaylynn Doi against Mina Ashido! After a short break to fix the platform the match will begin."

After about 15 minutes Cementoss has fixed the platform and Mina and I step onto it. Mina looks at me as she stretches out her arms, "Sorry to do this to you Shay. But I'm going to be winning this match."

I chuckle, "No apology necessary Mina." I smirk, "But, that's only because I will be the one to win this match. No hard feelings, I still love you."

I hear Present Mic shout for the match to begin. I wait for her to make the first move. When she starts skating towards me using her acid I just wait. I hear the crowd murmur about me not moving. When she gets within two meters (6.5 feet) of me I open the ground beneath her feet then close it almost immediately after. This effectively traps her in one spot.

She threw her arms up at the last moment though so she shoots acid at me with her hands so I form bubbles of water around each of her hands. I re-open the ground and force her up and out of the hole using air while simultaneously wrapping her in vines and sealing her feet in water bubbles. As fast as I can I let the air move her outside of the boundary lines before she can melt the vines away from her.

As soon as she is over the line I make sure to gently ease up on the air and lower her to the ground before retracting the watter bubbles and the vines. She simply looks at me with a gaping mouth. I shrug my shoulders and hold up my hands. "I still love you Mina." I smile at her.

She closes and opens her mouth a few times before finally getting out, "How did you do that? How did you us almost all of your quirks at the same time?"

I shrug again, "Practice."

Then I hear Midnight announce, "Ashido is out of bounds. Doi wins this match and will move on."

Present Mic speaks up after Midnight, "Doi wins without even having to move!"

I walk over to Mina and link my arm with hers, "Come on bestie. Lets go watch the rest of the first round matches."