Chapter 20: Practical

The remainder of the work study dragged by. We were forced to learn and assist with the administrative side of the hero world. The school had been contacted, as well as every students parents. I was the one to tell my father about the note that was left, per my request. He was, of course, concerned. Though, I had to talk him out of coming to Endeavors agency to be my personal bodyguard. I could easily take care of myself. Plus, I had Shoto, Midoriya, and Bakugo with me as well as Endeavor.

Endeavor still went out daily on patrol, but he kept the evenings free to train with the four of us. There was a large training area that took up an entire floor in the agency. He did not go easy on us. Each night we were all so tired and sore from training that there were a couple of times that we all slept in the training area.

We were finally heading back to U.A. Endeavor came with just in case anything were to happen. Thankfully, nothing did happen. We were one of the first ones back, besides Tsu and Ochaco. They of course wanted to know what happened that made the agencies put all of us basically in lock down for the remainder of our work studies. We told them that we would explain everything once the whole class was back.

Finally, the entire class was back in the dorm. Mr. Aizawa had shown up a couple hours after us and waited with us for the rest of the class. He wanted and needed to know what happened on scene as well. Even Toshinori, aka All Might, showed up. He seemed anxious when he walked into the dorm and made a beeline right for Midoriya. I kept a close eye on them, wondering why All Might is showing a special interest in Midoriya as everyone gathered in the common area.

"Alright," Mr. Aizawa begins. "You four, tell us exactly what happened." He looks even more tired than normal.

Shoto and Midoriya look to me. I guess I'm going to be the one telling this story. Before I can even open my mouth Bakugo angrily says, "Those ugly ass Nomu's attacked us. We killed them and the ugly hand dude left a note. Big deal, they didn't have to put us on lock down for that stupid crap."

Mr. Aizawa glares daggers at Bakugo. "It is a big deal. Because, they shouldn't have known where you guys were. Even the news of Shay's save and the interview were kept on hold until you all came back. They shouldn't have known where exactly to attack." Bakugo, though still angry, shuts up, but sits there in a pout. I on the other hand file that tid bit of information away for later. If they weren't supposed to know where we were. Then that means there is a traitor at U.A and possibly at Endeavor's agency as well.

"It started that morning." I tell them. Everyone looks at me confused, even Aizawa. "I am connected to the spirit world, as you all know. Because of this I can feel death. When it is near someone, or just close by. The spirits can also tug on my senses to pull me to a certain location or person. Sometimes it's not very specific. Sometimes it's just a simple tug on my senses to tell me something bad is going to happen."

I pause and look at everyone to see if they all understand. "The morning of the attack I felt a tug that told me something bad was going to happen that day. I didn't know the what, when, where, who, or why. I just knew something was going to happen. So, we told Endeavor, who promptly brought us out on patrol and sent out other groups of his sidekicks to patrol as well. I felt the villains, or Nomu's, the moment before they were going to attack."

I look to Midoriya, "It was like someone was screaming in my mind. Telling me and pulling me exactly where the Nomu was going to attack first."

I pause again as the words sink in, and Midoriya's mouth drops open before he asks, "It was going for me? It wanted to attack me first?"

I nod then look to everyone else as I continue. "I pulled Midoriya out of the way before the Nomu could get close enough to even touch him. Then Endeavor burned its head into a puddle of brain matter. More and more attacked after that. Bakugo and Midoriya immobilized them as best they could while Endeavor, Shoto and I melted their brains. Unfortunately, it is the only way to stop them. After we all gave our statements the note was found in the pocket of the first Nomu."