Chapter 5: Ready, fight!

Koda and Kaminari are up next against Kamui Woods. While they battle Todoroki, Jiro and Endeavor walk into the room. I keep my eyes on the screen but listen as Endeavor says, "Shoto, you need more training. You need to be able to beat me if you hope to become the number one hero one day. I will begin coming every Sunday to train you myself. I will make sure your are the strongest hero there has ever been."

Todoroki scoffs at him before saying with a venom laced voice, "I don't really care what you want old man. I will become the strongest hero without you. Besides, Sundays are when I get to visit mom, and I won't let you take that away from her or me." He begins to turn away but Endeavor lays a hand on his shoulder to stop him.

"Shoto," he sighs. "I know I have a lot to make up for. I am trying. How about after a lunch time visit with your mother, you and I train here on campus from 3 to 6. Will that work for you?" I glance over at the two, just now fully realizing that Endeavor is Todoroki's father. The way Endeavor spoke just now and the way his aura looks, I can tell Endeavor is praying that Todoroki will accept. He seems almost desperate in some ways.

Todoroki narrows his eyes at his father before saying, "Fine. But, I will be bringing some of my friends along to train with us. If that is not acceptable then we will not be training." Damn, he just gave the number one pro hero an ultimatum and by the twitch in Endeavors lips I think he is going to agree to this condition.

I was right. Endeavor did agree to Todoroki's condition. Because I was paying more attention to the conversation I missed the ending of Koda and Kaminari's match as well as the beginning of Sato and Sero's match. I found out that Koda and Kaminari won by Koda having a couple of birds wrap the capture tape around Kamui Woods arm.

Sato and Sero lose to Rock Lock due to running out of time. Tokoyami and Ashido lose to Hawks also due to running our of time. Aoyama and Ojiro lose to Snipe because they ran out of time. Asui and Ida win against Ectoplasm by wrapping the capture tape around Ectoplasm's leg by Asui. Shoji and Mineta lose to Present Mic by knock out. Yaoyorozu and Hagakure win against Midnight because Hagakure goes completely invisible, sneaks up on Midnight and wraps the capture tape around her arm.

It is now Bakugo and Kirishima's turn to go up against Cementoss. Once the pair reaches the room that Cementoss is in with the weapon they flank the 'villain' and both charge at him at once. I'm surprised that Bakugo isn't letting off any explosions. That is until he lets a massive one loose from his gauntlet right at Cementoss. Kirishima changes his trajectory at the last second and breaks through the cement wall that Cementoss made around the weapon. Just like that the match ended with Bakugo and Kirishima winning in record time.

I am impressed they were able to pull out a win so fast. Midoriya and Uraraka head out to face Eraser Head. I am genuinely curious as to how they will win against our teacher. I watch in bewilderment as Mr. Aizawa settles into his yellow sleeping bag and leans against the weapon before closing his eyes. What the hell is Mr. Aizawa doing, I think to myself as I watch the pair move through the building. When they reach the room with the weapon they see Mr. Aizawa sleeping and look at each other in confusion. Midoriya goes to use his quirk to speed run to the weapon but just after activating his quirk it disappears. I look to Eraser Head the same time the pair does and see that Mr. Aizawa was in fact not asleep. He is now making his way out of his sleeping bag all while keeping his quirk activated.

Midoriya gets a very determined look in his eyes as he murmurs something to Uraraka. I watch as they move around Mr. Aizawa forcing him to break eye contact with one of them. As I expected Mr. Aizawa chose to focus on Midoriya as he grabs his scarf to begin attacking. His scarf instead of flying towards Midoriya soars through the air towards Uraraka and just barely misses her as she floats out of the way. I'm watching the screens so closely that I see the moment Mr. Aizawa's eye begin to inch shut. Midoriya must notice it at the same time because I see him prepare to activate his quirk.