Chapter 16: Sports festival finale

I'm standing across from Shoto and listen to Present Mic announce our match. "This match is going to be one for the ages! We have the love birds, Shoto Todoroki and Shaylynn Doi facing off for the final match!" I let my lips curl up at Shoto. "Ready, set, begin!"

Before Present Mic is even done with the word begin I disappear and fly through the spirit world. I pop my hand through the two worlds and shoot flames followed by ice at Shoto's head making him curse as he dodges. I pull my hand back to me effectively disappearing again. Rushing to where he is now standing, his head swiveling around trying to determine where I will pop out next. I'm right in front of him and as he turns his head to the side, I reappear. He senses my presence, but doesn't have enough time to react as I use air to pull him from the ground and fling him towards the boundary line. He shoot his ice out just in time to stop himself from gong out of bounds.

He growls out in frustration that so far for the first five minutes of the match he has not even once been able to attack me. I just grin and sprint for him. He sprints for me and raises his arms at the last moment to try and grab me. As soon as I feel his fingers graze my arms I shoot my right hand up with an open palm catching his chin. As his head snaps up I grab his left elbow with my right hand and his bicep with my left. Turning my body quickly to the right I shoot my left leg out and feel him stumble. I push out and down on his arm making him flip over my leg falling to the ground on his right side. I keep ahold of his right arm for only a moment before releasing him.

I know better than to hang on too long to his right arm. He bounds back to his feet rubbing his shoulder. I'm not too far away from him and he lunges at me trying to land a low kick and take my legs out. I feel his foot hit my right leg as I twirl jumping up and snapping that same right leg up and to his face. He grunts as my foot connects with his nose. I didn't hit hard enough to break anything but I did hit hard enough that his nose is now dripping blood.

He wipes the blood from his nose at the same time he summons his flames and shoots them for me. I let the flames surround me to make him think that he might be taking the upper hand. But once I am covered from his sight by the flames I disappear and step out behind him while I summon my own flames and air trapping him in a flaming vortex. I know he will break out of the flaming prison shortly with his ice, he always does.

What he doesn't know is that I'm not in the same spot as before. He shoots out his ice right for where I was standing. As he breaks free from the vortex I cover his whole body in water leave just his head uncovered for him to breath. I let the air carry a very stunned Shoto over to the boundary line. He stops midway dropping to the ground as he freezes the entire water bubble. When he hits the ground the ice shatters leaving him free again. He quickly gets back to his feet and flies at me as he slides along the ice on the bottoms of his feet. I let him crash into me and pin me down to make him think he got me I let a groan escape my lips.

His face is so close I can see each bead of sweat littering his face and the fierce determination glowing in his eyes. He opens his mouth to speak, but before he can utter a single word his face crashes into the ground as I disappear from under him. I flip over when I disappear so I am hovering over him before letting myself reappear dropping right on his back. My legs straddle his hips as I sit on his butt and grab both his wrists and pin them behind his back. I lean down and whisper to him, "Baby, under normal circumstances I wouldn't mind you being on top, just not right now." With that I freeze his hands together behind him and jump away.

He sends one of his newer attacks at me as he tries to freeze me solid then blast me with flames. I disappear right before the ice can get me and stay in the same spot until the flames dissipate. Reappearing in the same spot I quirk an eyebrow at him. "Babe, did you forget that every time you have tried that move on me, it has not worked once."