Chapter 27: Change My Mind

A day before Louis and Ava's mum's birthday, we're on our way to Doncaster.

Ava decided to sit down beside the driver's seat while me and Eleanor are beside each other.

"Danielle! Look!" Eleanor calls me and she shows me something on her laptop.

"Photos of Zayn and Ava?" I ask. "Yah. Look. They do look cute." She answers. "Well, they do." I nod. "What are they doing in your laptop?" I ask. "It's Louis' laptop. Remember Zayn was using it nights ago?" Eleanor says. "Let's post it on Facebook!" She adds.

"No!" I stop her. "What if Tom sees them?" I say. "It's good. He...cheated on Ava while they weren't together." Eleanor says. "But remember, Tom's our best friend too." "Just one! A and Zayn won't notice it." Eleanor says. "Alright, Eleanor." I nod.

*Ava's POV*

We're almost on location and mum's having a huge birthday party tomorrow evening.

I heard from Eleanor that she heard Louis that mum invited Tom to her birthday party and I don't know what is gonna happen.

I heard that Tom is in China in training. I hope he rejects mum's invite. Wait, I sound bad. But, mum will go crazy when she'll know that me and Tom broke up.

As soon as we reached Donny, Louis parks the car and we went in the house.

I don't know how to face mum. Should I tell her the news? She loved Tom like she loved me and Louis. She treated him like a part of the family.

"Ava!" she approaches me and hugs me. "Mum, miss you." I say. "I miss you more." My mum answers. "Take a rest first." She adds.

"Mum, you take a rest." Louis says. "Louis' right. You should. It's your big day tomorrow and we don't wanna tire you. We'll finish this." Eleanor says. "Thank you. Now I have nothing to do until tomorrow!" Mum says. "Why won't we go to the spa, mum? You know, relax?" I say. "You'll pay?" "No, mum. You will." I laughed.

xx

It's morning. We all greeted mum before me and her went off to the spa to pamper and to the salon. The others are back home to decorate mum's party. I hear that it'll be a big bash!

While we're on our way back home,

"Ava, have you called Tom? I can't wait to see him." Mum asks me.

"I...I can't contact him." I lie. "I guess he's not coming over since he's in China, right?" I say. "Well, you're right." Mum nods. "I miss that boy." Mum says.

I do miss him too.

The party started at 8PM in some huge party venue and I almost saw the people in Doncaster here. So many people.

I don't know if I should be glad that Tom's not here or here, what if we saw each other? What if mum asks me where Tom is? What am I going to say?

"Are you alright?" I heard someone so I turn. "Oh, I'm fine." "Anything you want?" Zayn says. "Nothing. I'm fine. Enjoy the night." I answer. "I'll go check some friends out here. Is it okay to leave you here?" Zayn asks me. "Yah, sure. I'll go...find people too." I answer and he walks away. I turn back to the direction where I was facing before I see Zayn. I then bumped to someone who's wearing a suit.

"I'm sorr--" "Ava. You're here."

Tom is standing in front of me. Oh shoot. HE'S HERE.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him. "Your mum invited me." Tom says. "I can't reject her invite. She's been close to me." Tom answers.

It's true. She has been close to mum lately before we...broke up.

"How are you?" He asks me. "I'm fine." I answer. "I should...check out some guests, I guess I have to leave you." I say.