Chapter 37: Too Cold

When Tom left for China, I'm busy in college, as usual.

Too many things to do. Saying goodbye to the snow and doing paperworks with Danielle and Eleanor. That's what I'm doing.

It's one in the afternoon here and I have no idea what time is it in Asia for me to contact Tom.

We just finished our lunch and we're on our way home...

"Did Tom called you?" Eleanor asks. "Nope. Not yet." I answer.

Not far away, I sight Zayn standing at a side, waiting for something.

"Oh, look, it's Zayn." Eleanor says. "Where do you think he's going?" Danielle asks. "Going home." I answer.

"Hi, Zayn!" Eleanor taps his shoulder. "Hey." Zayn smiles "Going home?" Danielle asks. "Yah. Just met the new lads. How 'bout you three?" He asks. "We're on our way home too." Eleanor says.

I can't even say a word. I just smile and look around our area or wait for Tom's call.

"That's good. Take care." Zayn says and we walked away.

I don't care about him. I don't care about Zayn. I didn't see him.

"Why is he not in LA? I thought he lives there." I ask them as we go inside the car Danielle will be driving. "Whoa. First when you knew that he left for LA you were crying like crazy. Now he's here you want him back in LA. What is wrong with you?" Danielle asks me.

I remain silent. What did I even say? I forgot. Ava, stop the bullsh^t!

xx

At home, I'm in the living room watching television alone and waiting for Tom's call. I feel a bit nauseous and I guess I'll be having colds.

Tom's not yet calling and it makes me wanna cry. It's valentines day tomorrow and haven't heard his voice for the whole twenty-four hours.

"What time is it in China?" I shout. "Eleven. Ava, Tom said go on Skype." Louis says. "How come he can contact you while he doesn't even give me a call?" I ask Louis. "He lost his phone. Go talk to him." Louis says and I walked up to my room and opened my computer. I sign in on Skype and he called.

"Helloooooo." I say. "What time is it there?" I ask him. "Eleven thirty two in the evening." He says. "There?" He asks. "It's three in the afternoon." I answer. "Where are you?" I ask him. "In bed. Where I am about to sleep." Tom says and yawns. "Oh, don't forget to watch the livestream tomorrow." He says. "It's valentines day too. What time's the livestream? Will you send me the link?" I tell him and he does. "It will be nine in the morning when it starts here." "I guess it will be midnight here. About one." I say. "You better go to sleep now. You must be tired and you still have your diving event tomorrow." I say. "I miss you." He says. "I miss you too. Go to sleep now. I love you." "I love you more. I'll be leaving my Skype open. Wake me up when it's nine in the evening there, okay?" He says. "I will. But I have to turn mine off. Stay online, okay?" I say. "I will." He answers and smiled.

We then went off Skype. I walked out of my room to grab some grub. I saw Danielle cooking so I walked towards her. "What are you cooking?" I ask her. "Pancakes." She answers. "Pancakes in the afternoon?! Wow. I'd love to have some." I laughed. "Go get your plate, love." Says Danielle. "Have you talked to Tom?" She asks. "Yeah. I have talked to him. He'll be having a diving event tomorrow." I answer. "What time?" "One in the morning here in the UK." I say.

"Too early." Danielle says. I sat down and placed my head on the table as I see that my world is spinning. "Danielle, can I have a cup of tea. A hot cup." I ask her. "Are you fine?" Danielle rubs my back. "Ava, you're hot. Literally hot." "I'm fine. I just need tea and rest."