Chapter 21: The A Team

I walked towards the living room and stopped, seeing Max watching television.

"Oh, did the tv woke you up, I'm sorry. I knew I shouldn't open it. Sorry for using your television." He says and stands.

"No, it's fine. Make yourself at home." I say as I munch the cereal in my hands and sat at a couch. I put my knees near me and joined Max while watching television.

"Are you sure?" He says and sits back. "I just woke up and craved for cereal." I say. "Want some?" I offer him the box. "No, thank you." He smiles. "You must eat more. You have to eat more." He says. "What..." I look at him. "Nothing." He answers. "You said something." I tell him. "Nevermind what I've said. Anyway, are you also into some sports club?" asks Max. "No, I'm not into sports. I like sleeping." I say and we laughed. "Do you like football?" Max asks me. "No... But a guy changed my point of view on it. I started to like it now." I say. "Who? Louis?" "No..." I smile. "You have a boyfriend?" He asks me. "My boyfriend is a diver." I say. "But you know Zayn right? He did." I nod. "But why isn't he your boyfriend?" Max asks me.

Why isn't he my boyfriend? Because I was so stupid.

"Because I caught him cheating on me. And I want a guy that, will love me, that won't cheat on me. Someone I can cuddle to." I say. "How old are you?" Max asks me. "Seventeen. I'll turn eighteen in a few." I say with a smile. "You're still young." He says. "I know." I nod and feed myself with the cereal in my hands.

An hour passed and I noticed my eyes shutting down as I still munch the cereal in my hands. I looked at Max and he's still wide awake.

I'm forcing myself to eat. What am I doing in my life.

"Ava, you look sleepy now..." I hear Max say. I stand and walked away.

"Good night!" I say and threw the box of cereal at the bin.

xx

Morning.. I woke up and it's 8AM.

After taking a shower and dressed up for school, I went down to grab breakfast.

"Good morning. Good morning Louis, good morning Max." I smile to them. "Where's the cereal?" Louis looks at me and me and Max exchanged looks.

"Ava?" Louis shoots a look at me. "I ate it?" I ask myself and he smiles.

"By the way, Max will go with you, to school and home." Louis says and a shocked face appears from me.

"What?" I ask him. "He almost has the same schedule with you. And it's better you tour him over the campus." Louis says.

"Why me? Why can't the other football guys can?" I ask Louis. "Well they can but you'll always be with Max when you go home." Louis says. "Fine. Since you're our guest from America. Welcome to London, let the journey start." I say and they laughed.

We went of the house and took a bus.

"How long does it take?" Max asks me. "About 30 minutes." I say. "But it takes more than an hour if the traffic is terrible." I add.

As we reached school, I had to leave him now since he'll be going up to his class. I'm with a baby. Nursery kind?

"Okay, so meet you later at the football field so that I'll show you the way home. Just send me a message in case you need help or you're lost." I tell him. "And oh, here. I forgot to give you." I take his hand and placed my phone number, written in a piece of paper on his hand. "This is my number. As I was saying, just call me or send me a message." I say. "Thank you." He smiles. "See you later!" I say and he walks away.

"Oh well..." I sighed.

"Babe, good morning." I was about to walk away when Tom stands beside me and holds my hand.