Chapter 13: Train

In the train where I'm still thinking about Zayn.

I look at the window, it's freezing outside.

Even though me and Zayn annoy and irritate each other, I know he has a heart that cares. After knowing him before shifting to another girl after me gave me heartaches, but unexpectedly he cares more than a friend to me. Especially when I heard the conversation between him and his mom.

*flashback*

My body is awake. But I'm numb and I can't feel or move. I know Zayn standing at my side, he was holding my cheeks a while ago.

I hear the door open but I feel Zayn near me as I can smell his scent. Her mom gives him the medicine I'll be taking, as I hear it from them.

"Is she your girlfriend?" His Mom asks Zayn. "What? Me? I mean, her? My girlfriend? Mom, we're not even friends..." He says as his voice fades.

Zayn? My boyfriend? If he was just a good boy months ago, then he is now.

"The way you look at her and the way you asked me to cure her is more than a friend. If she's not your friend, then you should have left her." His Mom says.

The way he looked at me? Was he worried? Why? I thought you don't care about me?

"But she's my mate's sister." He reason out. "Zayn..." His Mom calls him.

"She has a boyfriend." Zayn adds.

Tom is not yet...my boyfriend.

"But still I like her...love her actually. It's just, we dated but she thought I exchanged? her for another girl, then we started to fight, to annoy or irritate each other." He says and I can feel now, his fingers running through my hair.

He loves me? I did really thought you exchanged me to another girl. But you didn't? What? Everything's messed up.

"Did you tell her how you feel for her?" His Mom asks. "No... It's just... I can't. She has a boyfriend and we're not allowed to date her. She's Louis' sister." Zayn tells his mom.

He can't. No, Zayn... Not this time, where things are a bit complicated.

"Oh, Louis', I know he's protective 'cause she's the only girl." His Mom says. "Make sure you take care of her, she'll be staying here for New Year. The address you showed me where's she's going to is too far." His Mom says and I can't hear the door shut again.

"I'll sleep now. Good night. I love you." Zayn says and I feel his kiss on my forehead.

*back to the present*

If he does love me, I want him to prove it, the things that happened yesterday aren't enough. If he needs to bring back the good times that what happened before, then he can.

But still I'm torn. I don't know if I do like Zayn, who I'm still thinking if what he said that night is true, or Tom who I already felt his love to me. But I love them both. Do I love them both---

"Babe?" Tom looks at me. "Are you okay?" He asks me. I nod in answer but my mind is still away, thinking about me, torn.

xx

I don't know what's happening but it's noisy, as we can hear the noise of firecrackers and the great of the fireworks while the train is moving.

"Happy new year." Tom says and hugs me. "Happy new year." I smile.

"Can I borrow your phone? I'll just call Louis." I say. "Sure, here." He hands me his phone and I went to a side, a bit far from him to call Louis.

"Louis, happy new year." I say over the phone. "Oh, Ava, happy new year." Louis says. "Happy new year, A!" Says Eleanor.

"I heard you're going back now, you're with Tom." He says. "Louis... When will you come home..." I say and sob. "We'll be home soon, babe. Hey, don't cry like that. Do you have a problem?" Louis asks me. "Problem? No, no, no problems at all." I say and wiped my tears with my sweater. "Are you sure? I'll talk to Tom." He adds. "No, I'm fine, I'm just happy." I say. "Don't cry, be happy." Louis says, I can feel him smiling. "Love you, Louis." I say. "Love you more." He answers and I hang up.

I wipe my tears before showing up to Tom.

Well I guess, the thoughts I thought before I slept made me cry, and I miss my brother more than anything now after getting lost in Bradford.

I rest myself from the tiring days I had and I don't feel like celebrating new year, I feel so homesick and tired.