twelve: more espresso, yet no less depresso

❝ you can keep it a secret, but secrets have their own weight, and it can be a very heavy one ❞

"I'm flying back to Japan at the end of the week."

Hyojin nodded understandingly. The 4CCs were coming real quick, and she did remember Joy saying she was going to return to Moscow in two weeks. "Ugh, I still can't believe it," she complained. "My idol is your Coach. What in the main character life are you living?"

The boy laughed. "It's fun and games until he starts changing your entire set piece as and when he likes."

Her jaw dropped almost comically, "No way, that's gotta be slander."

Sicheng scoffed, "My 4CCs set piece went through three complete changes in two months, aisuru, it's as much slander as saying you're trash at Engineering."

She didn't even know if she had the rights to feel offended. "That was extremely uncalled for," she announced. "Did not ask to be attacked like this. Came to have a good time and this is no bit like it at all, really."

A tiny smile played at his lips, "You can leave, no one's asking you to stay."

"What time are you leaving on Sunday?" she asked, changing the conversational flow.

"Noon after practice, why?" the expression on his face turned teasing, "You wanna send me off?"

Hyojin thought it was a friend duty to do so, why was he making it sound more like a girlfriend duty instead? "Well, it'd be pretty miserable if you go alone, I mean."

He looked almost amused by that, "Don't worry there would be bodyguards with me."

Oh right, Sicheng's kind of a celebrity, Hyojin had completely forgotten. It was easy to. The boy acted just like any of her other friends, with a tinge more of arrogance but it was in moderate range. A deserved range. If she was half as good as him on ice, she'd be cocky too.

"Have fun in Japan then, celebrity," she patted him on the back. "Call me when you need to cry."

He grinned, "Wouldn't wait on the phone if I were you, aisuru."

..

Joy might not have been pleased that the rink had been occupied just exactly at the moment she wanted to use it, but she'd enough basic decency not to be so rude as to invade in and demand the occupant to leave.

Especially not when the occupant was Seonghwa.

Though the hype around his recent (or not so recent anymore actually) win had died down, his potential shone loud and clear to everyone in Seolhwa. He was capable.

Even more than ever now, Joy wanted to be his friend. She grasping at straws, growing desperate as the value to his name skyrocketed.

The Park girl was rather selective when it came to forging relationships you could say. Only the ones who could bring her the most benefit could and would stay.