thirteen : a declaration of love

look, i don't mean to frustrate, but i always make the same mistakes

It was nearly 1am when Seonghwa finished supper and stumbled upon a freezing Hyojin who was still fervently pouring over her notes

"None of my business," he mumbled to himself, watching her as she shivered and curled in on herself as the chilling night breeze whistled in the air. "None of my goddamn business."

Still, his heart betrayed him, steering his feet forth until he was just steps away from the girl.

Fuck it. He shrugged off his windbreaker and tossed it at her.

"Don't you have a dorm?" he complained. "Study in the dorm, idiot."

Blinking up blearily, she waved at him.

"I sleep whenever I'm in dorm," she sighed. "I can't afford that." Picking up his windbreaker, she held it out at him. "This yours? Can I borrow it?"

He nearly rolled his eyes. His name was literally on the windbreaker. "Does it look like there's anyone else here named Seonghwa? And yes, wear it, I'd hate to hear that one of your snivelling team mates replaced you for your upcoming competition because you fell sick and missed practice or some."

"Coach Kwon won't do that," she said, slipping into the windbreaker easily. "I trust my homie Coach Kwon."

Now, that was a level of trust he did not have and will never have in his own coach. But Seonghwa did suppose most of the Figure Skaters were just there for fun and interest, and half of them didn't even want to be in a serious competition, so the internal competition isn't that bad.

"Oh man, I feel so tired," she yawned, waving her sweater paws at him. "But I've done almost nothing. Fuck. Can't do this no more."

"Then go to sleep," he said pointedly. "No better condition to bullshit a paper than fully awake."

She chewed on her bottom lip, "You're not wrong."

"Okay, then get up," he tapped his feet. "I'll walk you to your dorm hall."

"You know what my dorm hall is?" she said in astonishment, as if the whole school didn't know where the three noisiest and prettiest bimbos lived- the latter was just his opinion, by the way.

"Don't sound so surprised," he asked wryly. "Did no one tell you? There are no secrets in Seolhwa."

Well, it was originally meant to metaphorically refer to the nosiness of everyone in Seolhwa even from their seniors' eras, but it was starting to seem more and more literal lately. No one was allowed to have any secrets at all, nowadays.

"That's creepy as fuck," she heaved to her feet, dumping her stationary and books into her bag and slung it over a shoulder. "Don't be them, Park." She paused. "Rhyme unintended."