one: hoes be mad

❝ don't shoot the messenger ❞

Hanyang University, better known as just HU, was no high-end prestigious school

Hanyang University, better known as just HU, was no high-end prestigious school. At most a just mediocre classy one. One people didn't mind going to and wouldn't mind telling others that they came from, but at the same time would not really be anyone's first choice.

Unless you were into Winter Sports.

Then this, this Greek-pillared, marble floored, high-rise, grape vine growing, koi pond owning, not so boujee school was exactly it for you.

The Winter Sports club of HU was the renowned Seolhwa (which basically meant snowflakes in Korean) that had produced over 65% of South Korea's total National Winter Sport players and 5% of the World's Winter Olympic Medalists. This was HU's favourite bragging point, and in order to keep the statistics up and steady, they pumped in a good lot of money to hail and grow Winter Sport talents. Unsurprisingly, that meant that a lot of attention and favour were given to the Seolhwa members, which was how the club members gained the... not-so positive nickname of 'special snowflakes' from their envious school mates.

Apart from the usual team lockers and strategising rooms, the three Winter Sport teams were also given big personal team gyms and more than sufficient store equipments to never have to worry about having no where to work out and keep fit. Well, their mere practice schedules were so busy they would rarely even have to worry about that, actually. But the gyms were still there in case anyone needed it.

On top of that every team member- including substitutes- were given their own private bathrooms, all well maintained by the constant cleaning of the specific building's cleaners.

The only downside of the magnificent Seolhwa club was that they only had one ice rink arena, and all three Winter Sport teams were practice-intensive and passionate individuals, who wanted nothing more than to practice every free moment they could.

There was always some competition round the corner, some showcase or performance to prepare for, or even just some move they had to perfect.

Just as it is like in life, priority is always given to those who've shown greater potential to gain greater glory, and that was- unfortunately for the Figure Skating and Ice Hockey teams- the Speed Skaters.

It definitely did not help that the latter had gained yet another National Champion just last week.

Speaking of National Champion, it seemed Nation Champion Park Seonghwa had been so desperately avoiding Hyojin to a point that it was starting to be noticeable by others.

It wasn't that they usually interacted or anything, but they didn't usually go such lengths to avoid interaction.

"Did y'all get into a fight?" the Captain of the Figure Skating team- Kim Mingyu- inquired during training, the sharp song of skating blades carving his approach ringing out in the icy arena. "Or did y'all have sex?"