eleven: hate club president

❝ there's a thin line between love and hate ❞

Sicheng didn't know why he was majoring in Psychology

Sicheng didn't know why he was majoring in Psychology. Like honestly, which Magician's hat did his mom pull this major out of?

Not that he had anything against the major, he had mad respect for everyone in this field. It's just... he didn't feel the same passion he felt for Figure Skating for what he was studying. His relationship with the ice rink was so hot and cold, but he loved it. He loved skating. He loved performing. He was what people would call a borned entertainer and he accepted this identity with both hands wide open.

"Your landing is still iffy, try that again," Coach Kwon told Hyojin for the nth time.

Sicheng had gotten the green light from the man instantly after pulling off the triple Lutz, triple toe combination with no issues, but Hyojin who was next in line wasn't half that lucky.

The girl was as tensed as an archer's bow now, and not unexpectedly she under-rotated and crashed. Coach Kwon then sighed and retreated, moving on to another person.

"Relax," Sicheng called out to her, skating closer to pull her back up to her feet. "I told you. No one's going to die even if you don't make the jump."

Her porcelain white arms and legs were decorated with thin, feather-light scars. Scars from the ice, scars from falling, scars of a figure skater. The bruises from her previous training now had a yellowish tint to it, clearly on it's way to recovery, only for the process to be slowed with today's practice.

"False, I'm going to die," the girl grumbled. "Coach Kwon is going to kill me." She lifted herself off the ground with much difficulty and looked up at him. "Show me how you do it again, will you?"

He pursed his lips, "Your problem doesn't lie with not knowing how to do it, aisuru, it is your tendency to overthink before jumping. Why can't you be no thoughts head empty at the right time?"

"Damn, I wish I knew," she complained, before clasping her hands together in a praying motion. "Just show me one more time. Please?"

He gave her a pointed look of unadulterated exasperation but did anyway.

The focus of the triple Lutz was keeping his right shoulder behind his left. Skating backwards, he extended his right leg out, gaining momentum as he went. Setting his right leg toe down on full toe-picks when he gained sufficient speed, he launched, taking the torque from his preparation and translating it into a jump. It was a torque which sprung from down in his foot and ankle and went up to his body through his knees and hip, like a winding. Releasing the torque sent him spinning through the air like a beyblade. Shoulders and hips levelled, he grounded just exactly as he expected, light on the back outside edge of his left skates. His precise and immaculate landing gave him sufficient momentum to swing into a triple toe loop and he did. Left shoulder forward and right shoulder steadied backwards, he took off, propelling himself with his muscled legs, rotating his upper and lower body together. Within seconds, he grounded with his usual graceful landing, sweeping an arm over his chest and bending into an elaborate bow.