seven: 初恋 (first love)

❝ the first stab of love is like a sunset, a blaze of color ❞

It was always a bad idea to have a Club meeting this early. It wasn't even a good idea to have a full Club meeting in the first place, much less at a timing no one had had their coffees yet and were bumming around grumpily.

To everyone's surprise, the renown latecomer Hyojin actually came on time, but Seonghwa supposed it had something to do with the ravenette girl pulling her through the doors by pinching her ear.

The Jung girl was grumbling the whole time through, but the moment she saw her Ice Hockey friend, she brightened considerably.

"Aye m'bro, Wonu!" she said cheerfully, giving the man a bro-hug when she was close enough to him. Wonwoo slid over to make space for her beside him and the girl filled the spot without hesitation. Mingyu, who was on the other side of Wonwoo, clicked his tongue at her and the three begun bickering the way they always did the moment she sat her ass down.

Joy who'd dragged her in had taken a seat beside Jeonghan, now having a hushed conversation with the Yoon boy about God knows what.

The gap between the Speed Skaters and the other two teams was a laughable sight. It wasn't even as if the room was very big to begin with, everyone was just squeezing to the other side to avoid the Speed Skaters. But that didn't hurt as much as it used to anymore, Seonghwa had gotten used to it.

The Park boy's eyes darted about sleepily. If the meeting wasn't going to start anytime soon, he was going to straight up walk back to his dorm. It's too damn early for this shit.

As if the Coaches had read his mind, all three of them strode in in a single row and the room quietened without them needing to so much as raise their voice. One look across the three and you could tell who was the most chill coach and who was the most strict. From his journey through the doors, till that very moment, Coach Kwon had been yawning non-stop, frankly looking like he did not want to be there at all. He was in what honestly looked like pyjamas and his hair was still ruffled. Did he just roll out of bed? Seonghwa repressed the laugh that was threatening to bubble from his lips.

Just beside Coach Kwon stood Coach Chae, who was in a crisp suit, hair gelled up nicely. His piercing hawk eyes scanned the room, mentally noting the absentees.

"Coach Kwon," Coach Chae regarded his friend with baleful, disapproving eyes. "Your 2-time Olympic Champion isn't here."

The other man made a grunt that sounded awfully like 'understandably too', but when Coach Chae turned to him pointedly, he panicked. "Oh uh, Sicheng," he scratched his head, "Well, Sicheng.... Um Sicheng-"

As if the Chinese boy was an actual Devil, the third mention of his name actually summoned him. The glass doors drew open and the said Sicheng stepped in.

"You are late," Coach Chae said critically.

Sicheng inclined his head, accepting that statement without protests even though it was technically not 7am yet. "I got lost finding the room."