Chapter Thirty Three

Jaelynn
6 Months Later
Today is the day of my baby shower. I've invited Rakim but August does not know. Rakim and I have reconnected these past few months and we've gotten really close. I've already made it clear to Rakim that we can either just be friends or nothing at all. I was in the house with Tey getting ready. The babyshower starts in 30 minutes. "Tey, did August call yet?" She shook her head no. I sighed and picked up my phone calling him for the umpteenth time today only to be met with voicemail once again. He got a phone call this morning and just up and left not even bothering to tell me where he was going. I hung up the phone. "Come on, we don't have time to keep calling him. People are arriving." Tey said as she grabbed my hand leading me down the stairs to the backyard. I nodded, "Fine."
I walked into the backyard getting showered with hugs and smiles and heys. When I finally got finished greeting everyone, I went and was about to call August before I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and was immediately brought into a hug. "Hey Mama Sheila." "Hey baby. How you been?" I smiled, "I've been good. How's Texas been treating you?" "Im good. Where's my knucklehead son?" I shrugged, "I dont know. I've been calling him for hours." She sighed, "I'll try calling him." I nodded as she walked away. My phone vibrated in my hand and It was August. I quickly answered it. "Where the hell are you?" "Im sorry ma. Im with Jess. Her boyfriend broke up with her and she called me crying." "So let me get this straight, you missing our babyshower to comfort Jessica. Is that what you're saying?" "Yeah ma. I'm sorr-" I didn't even wanna hear the rest. I hung up angry that he would put his so called assistant before me not even just me but our child and our family and friends. I sat down and got lost in my thoughts. What if he's comforting Jessica sexually? What if he's cheating? A whole bunch of what if's popped in my head & they all just made me a little angrier.
***
Short Filler Chapter.