Chapter Twenty One

Jaelynn

I walked into the babyshower. August was still at the house, but I had to come set up early. Shannon and my aunt were here setting up with me. We were almost done because it starts in an hour. I had already picked up the cake and stuff, so all that was left was the catering service. "Sha, call the catering service and ask when they're coming." I said handing her my phone. As I did this, some boy walked in causing Shannon to smile widely. I walked over to him and told her to call the service again. "Who are you?" He smiled. "I'm Stephen. Shannon invited me." I raised my eyebrow. "She did?" He nodded. "Well, you too late to help, and too early for it to start, so you can just take a seat. Don't mess anything up." I said before walking over to my aunt. "So you know Shannon got a little boyfriend." She shook her head. "You know that girl dont tell me a damn thang." I shook my head. "Well, she outta line inviting him here without telling me. This aint even my event." She nodded. "Speak to her after the shower is over." I nodded.

When the babyshower finally started, it was packed. Teyana still wasnt here with Dre, but they were on their way. Just then, August walked in. I walked over to him. "You left these at home." He said handing me bags I bought the baby. "Thank you. Did you bring the crib?" He nodded. "Yeah, Sneak and Chaz getting it out the car." I frowned at the mention of Chaz's name, but I didnt say anything because Teyana was arriving. I was about to walk over to her when August stopped me. "Sit down." "I gotta go get Tey situated." "Sit down ma. You steady telling me not to overwork myself but look at you." I sighed and sat. "I know. I just want this to be perfect for her." He nodded. "It is ma. Relax. Now gimme kiss." I pecked his lips and when I looked up, I saw Brandon, Teyana's brother, with a pregnant spanish girl, which hurt and a little boy. But all that hurt turned into anger when I saw Christina also helping the spanish girl, who I'm guessing is her sister by the resemblance. August looked in the direction and clenched his jaw. On top of that, Chaz walked in with the crib with Shayna behind him and Sneak behind him. This is a fucking set up. Two of my exes are here, then two of the bitches I hate are here. I remained calm reminding myself that this is Tey's day. Chaz walked up to August and I, "Where yall want me to put this" I got up telling him to follow me to the gift corner. He did so and put the crib down trying to make conversation with me. I just walked away to Teyana and put on a fake smile hugging her. She could tell my smile was fake, so she took me to a room and asked what's wrong. "You never told me B was coming." "I didn't know. You know how my mom is." A tear rolled down my cheek. "It's hard seeing him especially with a child, another on the way and with another girl. Then, Christina's ass his girlfriend's sister, so she here. Plus, Chaz and fucking Shayna are here. It's too much Tey." She nodded. "I understand, but look who you here with. You love August right or wrong?" "Yes, but I will always have love for B and Chaz." "But you're in love with August, so focus on him ok? Now wipe them tears cause we are too sexy and you gon have my emotional ass crying with these raging hormones." I laughed. "Bruh." I wiped my tears and walked back out. As we walked out, Brandon aapproached us with his girlfriend. I noticed Christina was laughing it up with Shayna and tryna talk to August. I walked over to shut that down real quick. "Oh, look who came to join us." Shayna said smirking. I ignored her and looked at Christina. "If you don't take yo goose head ass on and laugh yo ass out that door. And take the hungry hippo with you." Shayna laughed. I counted to 10 in my head and woo-sahed. I'm not tryna murk a pregnant bitch. Chaz told Shayna to be quite. I looked at August, who I could tell was trying to refrain himself from putting his hands on Christina from just being there. I just smiled. "Ima just be a big girl today. I'll be back babe. If they're a problem just let me know." I told August. I walked over to Trey, who walked in with a stroller and Kaylin, which definitely surprised me. I walked over to Trey hugging him tightly. I haven't seen him since highschool. "Wassup Jae?" "Nothing. How are things with you?" "Can't complain." "Well who's the little man?" I said referring to the little boy in the stroller. "This is Jalin. Kay wanted to name him after you." I nodded. Jalen was the spitting image of Trey. "Well Aug is over there." He nodded and walked away leaving me with Kaylin. "How've you been?" "I've been great." She responded. "You know, you aint have to do allat. You aint have to name your son after me. I mean, I put you thru alot of shit." She nodded. "I know, but I wanted him to be named after a person that is important to me besides Trey. Only person I could think of, friendwise, was you." I nodded. "Well thank you. Mind explaining how this all happened?" "It's a long story, but when I was back in N'awlins, Trey and I talked it out. I gave birth and got a DNA test and he was Trey's. So Trey, Jalin and I have been a family ever since. Trey moved us all to Atlanta like a couple months ago, so we're here!" I smiled. "Well, I'm glad you're happy." "I am too. How's things with you and August?" "We're good." She nodded then walked over to where Trey and August were. I walked to the mic announcing that it was time for the first game.
The babyshower went by really quickly, and Teyana and Andre would NOT have to buy anything for their child because he or she had everything already. When I was in the car driving home with August, his phone kept ringing, and I looked at the screen seeing the name Taja😻 flash on the screen. I looked at August, "One of your bitches is calling." He sighed. "She aint my bitch ma. She's just a friend." "Mhm." "So why she got a fucking heart eyes emoji?" "Look, I aint finna argue with you ma. Chill out." "I never asked to argue with you, August. I was simply telling you one of your hoes is calling." "Whatever." When we got to August's house, I walked straight to the bedroom. A few minutes later, August came in, "You tryna go to the club tonight? Trey invited us." "Nah, I'm good." He sighed. "Whatever ma. Don't call me tho." He said walking out the room. I stuck up the middle finger at him before laying down.
**
Brandon, Christina, August and Jaelynn are in the MM. This chapter took years because I had no phone or nothing, and I was busy with family and stuff.