Chapter eighteen

Anna's POV.:
"You sure you want to do this?" Luke asks me, a concerned look on his face.
"You can't imagine how much I need this now," I answer him. He releases his grip on my arm and we enter the big house, my thoughts already drowned by the loud music.

Tonight I'm gonna dance. Tonight I'm gonna drink. But most importantly I'm gonna forget myself. And this party is the perfect place to do so.

I spin around to see a nervous look on Luke's face, so I take his hand and smile a bit to tell him that everything's totaly fine.
"You want to dance?" I shout over the loud music. He nods briefly and I pull him to what is supposed to be the dance floor.
I look around and see everyone else shaking their heads to the beat, laughing and singing along. They're simply having fun, and that's all I asked for!

My body seems to move on his own as I hear my favourite song playing, burning bridges by one republic. I close my eyes and let the music lead me, bringing a smile to my face. I open them again to see Luke is having a good time too.

We dance and drink for hours, not caring what others think, not bothered by the fact that we couldn't remember our names, not bothered by the fact that the sun was already rising.
And I had so much fun just being me without a second thought, that I think maybe tonight my life began.

Jonas' POV. :
I was sleeping safe and sound when my phone took me away from my dreamland.
"Ugh," I groan, not wanting to be bothered at 1AM on a Saturday night.
I turn on the light, which was a big mistake since it is fucking bright. I swear to god, if this isn't important then I'll kill whoever is calling me right now.
"Hello," I growl, expecting it to be my sister or one of her dumb friends.

"Jonas," a week voice says, so low I nearly didn't catch the words. "I need your help."
Okay, this is important...
I know who this voice belongs to, it's Ms. Jones' one, Anna's mum.
She hangs up and I instantly get up from my bed. I know what's to do, I got used to it the past weeks. Anna's mum is ill, very ill and whenever she needs me, I am there for her. I wasn't even supposed to find it out, it happened by accident. And that's the reason I can't be mad at her for sending Anna away, even though my opinion is that Anna should know. But this is not my story to tell, and my opinion doesn't count here. So I'll simply do my best and help Danielle as good as I can, which is easier said than done.

But my god, what can I do, I think as I open the already familiar door from the house down the street. A used to be happy place, where I can now find Danielle lying on the floor of the living room.
I kneel down beside her, checking her heart beat. Fuck. She's never been unconscious before.
"Danielle?" I ask, panicking a bit.
I pull her up and lay her on the couch, cautious not to hurt her.
"Where's my phone?!" I shout, not finding anything in this damned dark room. After cursing myself I am finally able to find it and call the ambulance.
They tell me they'd be here in five minutes, five minutes!!
I lay my head on her heart once more to find her heart beat nearly gone.
Maybe she won't survive this night, maybe she will. Maybe she'll tell Anna everything after this, maybe I'll have to do this. Nothing makes sense anymore...
But one thing is sure: Tonight Anna's life turned into one you wouldn't envy her for...