Chapter five

Chapter five:

Have you ever been really sick? So ill that you had to stay in bed, had no appetite and no social contact, because noone was allowed to be near you except your mother?

Well, I would prefer this feeling over what I feel now, to be sick instead of clueless, sick instead of angry at the world and most importantly, I would give everything I have to be just sick instead of simply alone.

Yeah, not even Ben is beside me, because he's at the animal-section of the plain.

So I had, unfortunately, enough time to think about my... Eeh... You know everything, I had time to think about everything.

My mum, my dad, Jonas, to be alone in a completely new town and about the guy next to me, I think he's looking at me. Not cool man, not cool at all.

Ignoring the guy, who's seriously still staring at me, I close my eyes and drift off into sleep.

******************

I feel my mum pushing my shoulder, but I don't want to wake up.

"Get awaay," I mumble, but she wouldn't stop shaking me.

"Ehm... Sorry, but we'll fly back to Australia if you don't wake up."

My eyes fly open, because this voice for sure does NOT belong to my mother.

I turn my head right and see that it's the boy who was staring at me before. He's about my age, maybe a little bit younger. He looks a little bit nervous and gets red when I look at him just a little bit longer, which is okay since he was staring at me much longer.

"And we don't want that to happen, right?" I ask myself sarcastically, opening my seatbelt and walking out of the plain.

At the airport I get Ben back and he luckily licks my face when I go down on my knees to cuddle him tightly. He's my family now, my only hold...

I let go of him and search for our bags in attempt to not be too late.

I look around us for a while and soon I'm where I wanted to be, picking up my two suitcases and now heading towards the entrance, where my dad is probably already waiting.

As I get nearer and nearer to the entrance, I feel more and more like throwing up. I'm going to see him again... Do I want to see him again? I mean it was no suprise when my parents broke up, they were already fighting before I was born. But did he have to move away?

He was my hero, but still he left me.

I turn around and walk away from my dad. He did the same, now it's my turn.

And I know I'm stupid and I got nowhere to go. And I know that I'll end up by his side anyway, but at this moment I'm this little girl again, crying about her daddy, who's acting like a call on her birthday is enough for her.

Ben yelps and doesn't move from where I stood only seconds ago and only then do I realise what I was about to do. I was about to run and hide, but guess what? I'm not five anymore, I'm old enough to do this, I can't turn around this time.

Thanking Ben silently, I turn around and head straight to my father- at least that's what I thought I would do, because actually I bumped into a stranger with breathtaking brown eyes...