Chapter seven

Chapter seven:

I've got two days left until the holidays are over and I'll have to go to a new school in freakin' Cleveland , where I will do this whole 'Hi, my name is Anna'-Thing.

For today I planned unpacking my bags, experiencing the neighborhood, nothing special.

'My room' is located in the second floor, and I can see the peacefull neighborhood out of my window. They already tried welcoming me, but I escaped them at the last moment, which earned me a disproving look from my father. I'm sure he'll make me go there the next days.

It's three in the afternoon when my dad shouts my name from downstairs.

"What's the matter?", I ask through my closed door.

"What?", he shouts again.

"I said!.. Agh wait!" I open the door and walk downstairs and through the living room until I reach the kitchen where my dad stands.

"Now what's the matter?", I ask again as

just in this moment my stomach makes his famous 'Gimme food' sound.

"That's the matter," he sais pointing at my belly, "I made us something to eat."

I try to set the table, but I can't find any plates, and you obviously can't eat without them, so I just sit down on the half-ready table and wait for the food.

Fooood.

I wonder what he cooked.

Ah, I don't care what it is, I just hope that he's ready soon.

*****************

We ended up eating pizza, and dad showed me where I could find the dishes.

I then gave Ben something to eat, and now we're about to leave for a walk.

"Dad?", I shout from the door.

"Mhmm?"

"I'm outside with Ben, okay?"

"Be back at six, please!"

"We'll see!", I say and shut the door before he could answer.

Ben seems to be happy about being outside, and for once I'm able to just shut my mind off. I concentrate on my feet as they walk for hours until it's getting dark out here.

I look around us and wonder where we are and realize I've never been in this part of the town before . Let's call dad: I pull my smartphone out of my... Wait...

"Where is it??" I search in my other pocket and can't find it.

"Shit," I curse under my breath and Ben turns around to look at me questionable.

"Great!" I call out louder than intended d and the boy on the other side of the street turns to me.

For a moment I think he'll help me, but then he just turn around again and continues walking.

"Hey! Sorry? Could you help me?", I shout in his direction, but he wouldn't even stop walking.

Since he's the only one out here, he's probably my last chance of getting home some way, so me and Ben run over the street and soon are behind him.

"I think you didn't hear me, I was wondering if you could show me the way home?", I repeat.

He stops but doesn't turn around.

"Excuse me, but this is really rude. Like really rude. I just want to know how to get back home, you know?", I say a little pissed.

He turns around and I'm a little stunned, because guess who's standing before me.

It's him, the boy from the airport.

"You again," he sais bored.

"Yeah it's me. Nice to see you too.

So could you please just-" And he turns around while I'm still speaking "- Hey!

Wait!", I shout at his back.

"Why is it my problem when you're too stupid to find your way home, eh?", he then suprises me by saying an actual sentence to me.

"Are you kidding me?!"

"Do I look like I'm kidding?", he provacates.

"You're an asshole," I say truthfully.

"Yeah, I'm an asshole. The world isn't fair. Get over it."

He then walks away for real, and I'm so angry that I could kick something. Ben seems to read my thoughts, because he takes a step back.

I start laughing hysterically, because I'm positive I won't get home today anymore, and I do strange things when I don't know what to do...

********************
Hope you like it :)
Vote/Comment?