Chapter twelve

Chapter twelve:
Today is going to be a good day, I think while walking out of my bathroom. I just showered and now the only thing left to do is to decide what to wear.

I walk over to my little closet and take out a grey sweater and my black skinny jeans, that will hopefully match my new shoes.

After dressing myself I head downstairs to find my dad.

He's in the kitchen and he looks exhaust with dark sircles under his eyes, like he didn't sleep last night.

"Okay dad, what's up with you and mum?" I ask.

He looks up from the kitchen table and stares directly into my eyes, and I don't like what I see... I know this look, it's a look of lost hope.

He notices my frightened facial expression and puts on a poker face.

"Nothing to worry about, honney."

My mum always calls me honney. Oh how I miss her... So whatever it is that bothers my dad, at the moment I don't want to know it. I want to be happy, simply happy.

Because today is going to be a good day, remember?...

*************************

I arrive ten minutes early for school and sit down next to the door of my first class. I sit there for ten minutes before I see Maria and Sam approaching me. She spots me and instantly starts running the past few meters with her arms spread open for a hug. I stand up and she embraces me tightly, causing me to laugh at her enthusiasm.

"You sure you're not mad at us for not defending you in front of Trish?", she asks a little bit worried.

I nod and she continues talking: "She's such a bitc-"

"Okay Maria. I think I get it, " I laugh and let go of her.

Sam finally joins us, along with Luke and Evan. They all say hi, except for Luke who just nods my way. He hasn't opened up to me yet, but we're getting there.

The bell rings and we part our ways, the boys go down the corridor to their English class, and Maria and me enter our art room.

*********************

"Do you want to go shopping with us?", Evan asks me after school.

"Sure, why not?" I say, smiling at him.

He smiles back and leads us to his car.

Maria and Luke are already waiting for us as we make it to Evan's blue car.

"Where's Sam?" he wants to know.

"Detention," Maria answers with a smirk on her lips.

"That boy," Evan mumbles amused while shaking his head.

He opens the car and we all hop in, ready to have a wonderful day at the shopping centre.

************************
Soory for the late update!