Chapter four

Chapter four:

I knocked for the third time on Jonas' door, but still nobody would open it for me. Of course something like this would happen, because well, it's me we talk about...

I look down at Ben and his puppy eyes beg me to try it one last time.

So I knock and shout: "Jonas, you... You little ass wipe! Pleeeeaaase open the door!"

I wait half a minute before I am about to turn around, and just in this moment the door flies open.

"Supriiiise!" every one yells and I can recognize some of my dearest friends from the little crowd in the Broods' livingroom.

There is, first of all Jonas, then there's Laura, an old friend of mine, and Seline, Jonas' younger sister, and some people out of my school.

"Ehm, w-well I brought breakfast, but..."

Yeah, great. Make yourself seem stupid.

Please, someone help me, I hoped for a normal day with my best friend, I look like hell, I feel like crying, and I feel completely missplaced in front of so many people, they make me feel uncomfortable.

Jonas breaks my thoughts and starts dragging me and Ben towards his livingroom. Once I'm inside the house everyone looks expectantly at me and waits for... Well I don't know what they wait for, but I sure won't tell them how nice it is to see them all, cause no one of them, but Jonas knows the real me. Not even Lau, or Seline. I bet they all just wanted a reason to party in the morning.

Jonas, being Jonas saved me from this awkward situation and said something about how all these people will miss me and I kept thinking about that not even my mother would miss me.

I mean she's about to send me away to my dad, and she still didn't give me a reason.

I soon zoned out of Jonas' little speach and thought about a way to get out of here. And since I don't care about what they think of me, I won't see them again anyway, so I just give my best buddy a hug, a kiss on the cheek and head straight out the door.

Ben follows me and even he looks a little confused, but I couldn't stand it being around so many people. I know I'll have to apologize to Jonas and Seline, cause they're both part of the family, but for now I'll just eat my breakfast in the park.

**************

Me and Ben are resting under the tree of my favorite hiding place, me lying on the ground and using Ben as a pillow.

It's inside this little park, at the very end, and you never see many people around here.

Jonas, Seline and I used to play hide and seek in this park, I would always hide under this special tree, where all our names are engraved. Ever since then, this place is filled with beautiful memories, and that's why I love comming here.

"Here you are", someone says breathless, as if the person was running, and I sit up to see it's Seline. Ben stands up and walks happily towards her, enjoying being crawled .

"You stole my pillow", I mumble and lay back down.

She looks confused but lays down beside me anyway.

"You wanna tell me what's going on? ", she asks hopefully.

"Well, first of all I'm sorry for running away-"

"You better.", she interrupts me. I give her the look and she holds her hands in surrender telling me to go on.

I open my mouth to tell her what's up with me, but I can't find the words to tell her what's wrong. I try it again, but it only makes me look like a fish.

"Well?", she asks.

"Ehm."

"You won't tell me what's wrong?", she continues.

"Honestly? ", I mumble and she nods, "I have no idea what's wrong with me! There were so many people and they all wanted to say goodbye, but I didn't! And I still don't want to move to Cleveland. Like who does, Seline? All my friends are here, my mum is here, my home is here, everything is here ", I tell her with tears in my eyes and my voice cracks a little as I repeat the question that has been playing in my head:" Why me?"

**************************

Thursday

Fight with my mum

Friday

More fights with my mum

Saturday

Me telling her I hate her

Sunday

Total silence between us

***********************

The past few days went by real quick, with lots of fights between me and my mother, a lot of frustration and anger.

I asked her to leave me alone, and now me and Ben are standing at the airport waiting for our flight.

I enjoy the silence before the storm, and block out all the chatter around me.

I hear my flight being called "All passengers for the flight Adelaide, Australia to Cleveland, Ohio, USA, please take out your passports and head towards departure gate number 21."

"Let's go, Ben. Our personal hell is waiting for us."