Short Story #1

The day started out like any other, with breakfast and NEWT level charms class just like any other Thursday. But things started to get weird for a group of students when the NEWT level potions class found out they were brewing amortentia.

"Now, let's do this in partners," Professor Slughorn said enthusiastically as he began to partner off the class. "Evans, you are with Potter," Slughorn said, receiving an eye roll from Lily Evans, and a celebratory fist pump from James Potter. "Black, you are with Lupin." Slughorn said. Sirius Black turned to his long time friend Remus Lupin, and said "Good thing we are comfortable with each other! I'm glad we get to work together." "Me too," Remus replied.

The class began working, and time seemed to fly bye. Before they knew it several hours had passed and they were sitting over nearly finished potions.

Remus leaned over the cauldron. "Smell anything?" Sirius asked. Remus did smell something but he couldn't quite place it. "Yeah but I'm not sure what yet." He replied.
Remus sniffed the potion again and this time smelled it more distinctly. Was this dog fur? Why would amortentia smell like dog fur? And leather? But then the most distinctive smell came through and Remus inhaled deeply the attractive smell of body spray. Then he realized that he had smelled that body spray before... in the marauders' dorm! 'Oh Merlin!' Remus thought 'why does it smell like Sirius's cologne??'

"What about you, do you smell anything?" Remus asked Sirius quickly.
Sirius sniffed the potion. He smelled chocolate, followed by fresh parchment. When he inhaled again, he was overwhelmed by the scent of Irish Spring body soap. 'That's strange,' Sirius thought. 'The only person I know who uses that is... Remus!'
"Yeah, I can't place it either," Sirius replied awkwardly. For a moment the two young men began to stare at each other and blushed. Then the awkward tension building around them was broken, as they heard shouting coming from a few stations over.

"I can't smell a damn thing!" James yelled.
"Impossible, I swear I did everything right!" Lily retorted.
"Well maybe if you weren't wearing so much of that strong lavender perfume of yours, we could smell something!" James shot back.
"Oh yeah! Well maybe if you didn't use a gallon of conditioner this morning I could tell what the potion smells like!" Lily yelled back.

They continued to scream at each other like this until Lily realized that she ran out of perfume last week, and James realized that he didn't shower that morning because Sirius was hogging the bathroom...

Lily gasped in realization and ran out of the room blushing.

***
After that lesson as Sirius slept, he could not stop thinking about Remus. In fact he had a dream that they were lying next to each other in bed. Sirius had Remus wrapped in his arms, and never wanted to let go. He inhaled and smelled the sweet smell of Remus's hair. Remus whispered "I love you," in Sirius's ear.  Sirius leaned in to kiss him gently on the cheek, but tasted only his own pillow, and woke up disappointed.
Sirius quickly rolled over and went back to sleep. But James had been awake the whole time and heard Sirius mutter something about "amortentia" and "Irish Spring" and "how about some more chocolate?" And he began to suspect that something was up between Remus and Sirius.