Chapter 1

-Zoe-

Traditional was never my style. Routine bored me to death. The cycle in which most people's lives circulate was not one that I had ever intend on being apart of.

I want to be remembered.

But in order to be remembered you have to do something very extraordinary and almost impossible. Something that has never been done before. To be remembered you must achieve such greatness that your name will never fade to dust, even after all human life perishes into nothing when the sun swallows us whole. Okay, well maybe that's a bit extreme. 

But how could anyone expect me to achieve greatness by allowing others to decide I would circulate in societies system just like anyone else?

I realized at a very young age that if I intended to do what I wanted to do and go where I wanted to go, I would need my whole life to do so. I couldn't waste my time sitting in a plastic chair listening to some old lady ramble on about things I read about last year. Even at a young age I was different. Perhaps my controlling parents are to blame for my angsty attitude. 

You could say I was intelligent. I was very book-smart and read constantly, but I was still naive due to my lack of time spent on this lovely planet. I didn't quite realize that people don't think too highly of a ten year old. They looked at my intentions as the impossible dreams of a child, and that angered me more than anything else. Because even with myself trying everything to get out of this cycle, it was impossible to escape.

I wanted so badly to be different, but I couldn't break free.

I guess that's just how things are.

My name is Zoe.

Sure, it's not a tragic, teasing magnet, type of name, but it's not my name. Well it was the name put on my birth certificate by my parents, but it was also put on hundreds and thousands of other babies birth certificates. And each one of those human beings assigned the name "Zoe" are nothing like me. I don't want them to be. I want to be different.

My story is not a sappy romance novel (well, maybe a little), nor is it a action packed sci-fi thriller (I wish). My story is about me. I'm some teenage girl who has grown up my whole life being controlled by everyone, and everything around me around me, leaving me with nothing to decide. I intend to lead an extraordinary life and be a name people will remember for centuries to come. But in my time as a human being on this lovely planet, I've come to realize the sad fact I will need help in accomplishing greatness. So why not turn to a worldwide famous band and my cousin to help me take on the world?

Zoe Rhodes, write that name down... You're gonna need it.

A/N:

Hello Reader! This is kinda a boring intro that I can't seem to get right, but keep reading! It gets better. 

Enjoy!

~Dottie Xx