Chapter 12

-Zoe-

I wake up to a slight hangover lying in a bed that's not mine. A situation I know all too well. Last night was far from my first rodeo. 

But what exactly happened last night? Where am I? I look around the room and fragmented memories of last night slowly drift back into my mind. I'm in Luke's room? 

Immediately my mind goes to the worst possible scenario. My stomach twists in fear of what drunken mistakes I may have made. Did we...? No. I would never. Luke would never. Nope. Nope. Nope. 

I look down and see the same clothes I wore last night still on my body. I let out a sigh of relief. Well, we didn't fuck. A glass of water and two Advil sit on the nightstand beside me. Luke must of left them there. 

Oh god. 

If we didn't have sex or anything that means he ended up having to take care of my drunken-self. I will have to apologize for whatever he had to endure because of me. And then there's Ashton too. He will be so upset I drank that much. He left last night before I was too out of it. After that, I just gave up on controlling myself. 

My stomach growls, reminding me that food is a thing that I really really need. I stand up and stretch and then head down the hall to the kitchen, before I enter the room, I overhear someone in the kitchen say my name. 

"Zoe isn't upstairs." Ashton says frantically, "I trusted you to look after her last night, but now she's not in her room. I hope she's not_"

"Relax," I say quickly, "she spent the night in my room." 

A few moments of silence fill the kitchen just around the corner. I mentally hit my forehead. Leave it to Luke to phrase it in the worst way possible. 

Calum and Michael, who seem to be across the room burst out in laughter. 

"Luke..." Ash says between gritted teeth. I hear his footsteps descending the last few stairs. 

"No, no, no. Not like that." Luke says a bit frantic, "I just couldn't get her up to her room so I-" 

"It's okay Lukey, we all saw it coming," Mikey says, his voice growing louder as he crosses the room towards Luke. What the hell is he talking about?

"What? NO! Really-" Luke starts, his chair squeaking as he stands up. 

"I mean it's obvious you like her." Calum says also having made his way across the kitchen, "I mean you look at her like she's a goddess or something." 

Luke stammers for a moment, unable to form any real words before Mikey starts talking again. "I don't blame you, Mate. She is very, and I mean, very, attractive-" 

"Hey!" Ash blurts out, getting more and more defensive of his best friend.

"Ash you know I wouldn't..." Luke says," 

"I trust you wouldn't be that stupid," Ashton replies sounding more like his cheerful self again. 

"Besides, I don't see her like that," Luke says.

"Sureeee," Mikey says. I can almost hear him winking. 

"I don't! ...and it doesn't matter either way because I'm pretty sure she hates me." Luke says, getting quiet. 

What? I don't hate him. Why does he think that? I mean, I have been a bitch to him, I guess, but I'm just standoffish like that to most people. Not to mention the fact I'm completely embarrassed that he saw me cry. I did also yell at him when he tried to make me feel better about it. Okay so maybe I've been a bit rude. But he's so nice. How could I hate him? Of course I make one of the only people who seems to care about me think I hate him.