Chapter 6

-Zoe-

I sit on the couch in the recording house. Everyone is in the other rooms, so I'm left alone. From what I see through the glass window, the boys play around with the instruments and Micheal and Nate seem to be writing a song in the corner. Everyone and a while they will call over Luke, Ash and Mikey to ask their opinions on stuff, but other than that, they are working on their own. Cal has seemed to really get into writing this song. He had been working on it for a while, when they were on tour, and Nate was helping him put the final touches.

I had always found song writing so interesting.It seemed amazing to be able to pull a new rhythm or lyrics out of your head and make them real. I love the idea of thinking of how everything will sound together, and adding lyrics in. The lyrics give the story, but the instruments give you the feelings, and the tone. The truly amazing songs create an indescribable bond, that is only formed between a pair of ears and a song. I want to create that bond. I had tried to write some songs in the past, but eventually gave up on them. 

"Zoe, Can you give us an outside opinion on this song?" Calum says, after opening the door and peeking his head through. 

"Sure!" I say, standing up and heading into the other room. I'm actually quite excited to hear this. 

Cal goes into the recording room, while Nate and I sit in the soundboard room. Nate hands me a pair of headphones without saying a word. We haven't talked very much since the other day's conversation. He obviously got the idea I wanted him to shut up about it. 

"Ready?" I hear Michael say through the headphones, Nate nods, and I give them a thumbs up. And they begin. 

Remember the words you told me, love me 'til the day I die
Surrender my everything 'cause you made me believe you're mine
Yeah, you used to call me baby, now you calling me by name... 

Holy shit Luke! I can't help but internally swoon over the boy. I hadn't heard 5SOS preform since before they left on tour. I remember hearing about their hit song climbing the charts, but I never listened.  I was blown away at their improvement and the song itself. 

You push and you push and I'm pulling away
Pulling away from you

They're fucking amazing! The song hasn't even been polished and it sounds great. Sure they all have the music in front of them and have gone the song a few times, but they still are preforming together as a band, and it sounds perfect. 

...Youngblood
Say you want me
Say you want me
Out of your life

And I'm just a dead man walking tonight...

The music picks up again for a finale. Everyone gets pumped up for this part. 

You push and you push and I'm pulling away
Pulling away from you
I give and I give and I give and you take, give and you take
Youngblood
Say you want me
Say you want me
Out of your life
And I'm just a dead man walking tonight

...and it finishes. I can feel my mouth hanging open, speechless. 

"So, was it good?" Ashton says into the mic, wiping a bit of sweat off his brow. 

"Good?! That was fucking amazing! How did you guy learn that so quickly? Oh my lord how on earth. That was so good! You all played amazing and the singing and_" I'm interrupted.

"Zo. They can't hear you." Nate says from next to me. 

"Oh, right." I look over to see all them laughing a bit. They all come out of the recording room, and I rush over to them. 

"Holy sh*t guys! That was fu_" I start. 

"Language..." Ash says, giggling a bit. 

"But it was so fu_ freaking amazing. Like how? Whoa. You all played so well, and you had just learned that sh_ stuff. Like I'm blown away." I say, still in shock. They all laugh a bit. 

"Was it really that good?" Cal says. 

"Yes!" I say, but at the same time Nate says, "It could be better. I gotta change quite a few things before we record the final product, but well done for today." I look over to the boys who are high-fiving, patting each other on the back and making a few comments. 

"Now I've got a meeting to go to, so you guys will be here alone." He turns to me, "I can trust you won't burn the house down." he says before grabbing his bag and leaving. 

They play around in the recording room a bit longer, writing bits and pieces of songs down as they go. I enjoy sitting and watching. The whole process is inspiring.

"I'm hungry!" Ash says suddenly. The other guys agree, and decide to head to the main house to get some food. Just as they are all heading out, Luke looks back to see me still sitting.

"You coming?" he says.

"I'm not really hungry." I say.

"Okay, well if you do get hungry, you know where to find us." he says, before turning and leaving me alone.

As the silence sets in, I suddenly feel upset, numb even. I'm not sure what has gotten into me. This happens often too. Fun one minute and the next, I just feel so heavy inside. I scan the room, not sure what I'm looking for, when my eyes catch the piano. I immediately am filled with anxiety, and feel even more upset, but something is pulling me to play it. I cross the room, and sit on the bench, dragging my fingers over the keys. Everything about the instrument is beautiful, irresistible almost. I don't even notice I pressed down on a key until the crisp noise sounds through the air. I didn't realize how much I missed that noise, that feeling, until now. I look around to make sure no one can hear.

My hands hover over the keys, unsure.

I take a deep breath, and for the first time in years, I play.

 A/N: Another chapter! And I made a new cover! Next week  and onIy won't be updating as much as I am now. It will most likely be once or twice a weak rather than every other day. How'd you like this chapter?

Vote, comment, and add this to your library if you enjoyed! 

~Dottie Xx