Moment 6

Tim POV

Things played out in the fashion he figured they would go. She was snarky and playful and definitely self-satisfied with this new position. To be fair he had played things that way too...

If people could tell, he did not care. As a sergeant, he doubted that anyone would dare to ask. Well... could think of a couple of people. *ANGELA and NYLA*

Would he deny it until his dying day though? Hell yes. But he was happy to have Lucy back with him. She just... added something. No, she would not talk sports. Yes, she talked too much about crappy subjects and used him for any psychological tricks she had up her sleeve. But he found that he didn't hate it. You could not hate Lucy Chen. It was impossible. He had tried. He could never achieve that level of jerk. She had helped him find himself again. Another thing he would vehemently refuse to admit since he was not into that self-discovery crap. But she had. She had reminded him in the best of ways who he was. That if he kept up the way he was, he would not like the person he became. 

He had been turning into his dad. The one person he swore to never become. He was angry, violent, and unforgiving. Mistakes were not to be tolerated as they were the difference between life and death on the job. He would not change a thing about the way he trained her, because it truly was the best thing for her. But he would never discount all that she had taught him. Or the fact that she had saved him. 

She saved him. 

Lucy POV

She could not help being snarky. Besides, she had so many gopher puns that Tim would have to regret referring to her as one. She could tell he was joking though. He was more humorous lately. Not in a cynical way. She was truly surprised. Sure, he was no longer her T.O. But overall, there was something that had changed. His overall quality was... lighter in a sense. She knew that there had been a lot of change in his life. It seemed that after everything had transpired with Isabel, things had begun to turn in a more positive direction for him. But there was a new element to him. 

It infuriated her because it added a whole new layer to the essence of Tim Bradford. He was complicated enough as it was. 

She did not need this!

No... she didn't need it. But... she didn't not want it. What was it he had said to her after the living horror film that was Caleb? You got no quit in you, do you, Boot. You walked in that way. It was a clear statement, not a question. She had not forgotten anything he had ever said to her. Grudgingly she would admit that she did not want to. She clung to his every last bit of advice whether she saw it as relevant or not. Because if there was one thing that she did know was that he cared about what happened to people. He cared enough about her to put his issues with Isabel aside and train her to become the best. Tim Bradford was usually right. Those were the words she would take to her grave. Thanks to him, that grave wasn't going to be premature. 

The point being, she was not going to back down from this new Tim Test. Her acing this one would definitely piss him off, given that he was the type to pride himself on discretion and privacy. 

Oh boy. This would be interesting. Lucy Chen was going to have some fun :)