Part 10 Extention: The Ashley Equation

A/N: Lol I was so focused on Tim's character development that I completely forgot about "the Ashley Equation" as I have been personally referring to it.

I am seeing someone, actually.

The words echoed in her head, playing on a distant loop. She knew it was childish, and, given the gravity of everything else revolving around the enigma that was Tim Bradford, the last thing she should be dwelling on. 

He's seeing someone. He's seeing someone. He's seeing someone... Shut Up!

Good grief. She was losing sleep over something so insignificant. It infuriated her to no end. She tossed and turned periodically. Why didn't he tell me? She rolled to her right. I wonder who it is. She rolled to her left. Is she another blonde? She flopped onto her back. Why is this bothering me so much? "Uggg," she groaned verbally. She sat up in frustration and shoved her blankets away. She stomped out to the kitchen, grumbling under her breath. "I swear, Tim Bradford, you are the single most confusing, annoying, hot, macho I have ever encountered. And-" 

She stopped in shock, seeing Tamara sitting on the couch, eating ice cream, already watching mindless TV. Lucy grabbed the tub of ice cream from the freezer and a spoon and sat beside her on the couch. Tamara glanced her way, switched off the TV, and turned to face her. "That kind of day, huh?" Lucy placed a large spoonful of the creamy, cold heaven in her mouth. "Mmmm, you have no idea." 

"Yeah..." Tamara drawled. "I won't have any idea unless you tell me." 

She swallowed another large spoonful. "Mmmm, good point. So, Tim's older sister came to work today." 

"Oh... get some good stories?"

"Lots. But, the thing is, Genny spent most of the day trying to convince Tim to help her renovate their dad's house. I'll just say, Tim's father was abusive and Tim doesn't want anything to do with him or his house. Long story short, I told him to do it for Genny, not because of his dad. But during this whole thing... Tim kind of dropped the bomb that he's seeing someone?"

"Okay... well why does that matter?"

"I know! Well, first of all, he did it, just so casually. But other than that, there should be no reason for me to be up at, what, what time is it?"

Tamara glanced at her phone. "3 a.m." 

"There should be no reason for me to be up at 3 a.m. obsessing over it, stress eating, and coping by unloading on you."

"Okay, so Tim's seeing someone. It shouldn't be a problem for you but it is and... you don't know why?"

"Yes!"

"So if you can at least figure out why it's bothering you, do you think it will help?"

Lucy paused. "I don't know, maybe."

"Lucy. You're hurt and jealous. You're hurt because you guys have a somewhat close and unique relationship and you are used to having control over situations like these and having some sort of additional knowledge. You like being in control and having the upper hand. Just like what happened with the treasure hunt a few weeks ago. And don't deny it, I know you lost. Because you've been in Tim's life for some major changes, you feel like you should know before he does what is going to happen. You also feel betrayed because you feel like this is something he should have told you. You need to get over yourself and stop playing with his life. He's not shutting you out. He just likes his privacy. Something you aren't aware of, I might add. On that note, do you mind shutting your door when you change? I won't deny you've got a good body but I do not need to see it."

Lucy's jaw practically hit the floor. She grimaced. "That was cold and brutal but totally something I would do. You're right. And I'm sorry about the door and-wait. You didn't explain the part where you said I was jealous?"

"Oh, yeah. Well, you are jealous of this mystery woman because you have the hots for Officer Zaddy."

She shrieked, "TAMARA!"

Tamara jumped. "Geez Luce! It's so obvious. Oh, and by the way, on your little rant toward the freezer you said, and I quote, I swear, Tim Bradford, you are the single most confusing, annoying, hot, macho I have ever encountered. Emphasis on the adjective 'hot.'"

Lucy balked. "I-I did. I did NOT say that."

She laughed, "Oh honey, you did." Tamara got up from the couch, taking her tub of ice cream to her room.

"I hope you know that you have effectively ruined my sleep for eternity," Lucy yelled after her.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. I better be your maid of honor though at the wedding."

With that, she shut her door, leaving Lucy, speechless on the couch along with her slowly melting tub of ice cream. After a while, she sighed and began shoveling more cold bliss into her mouth because it was the only thing that made any sense. What the hell made sense anymore?