Chapter 13

Chapter 13The grieving prince

Chapter 13
The grieving prince

👑

Phaedron Lukas was just watching through the car window as he observed the buildings and the people that they would pass by. He was currently riding in a cab. Kararating lang niya kanina sa bansa. He was wearing some black shades and a gray jacket so no one would recognize him earlier at the airport.

It's been eight years since he was at the country.

And he noticed a lot of changes for the country.

Rinig na rinig niya ang sinasabi ng isang news reporter sa radyo na pinapakinggan ngayon ng taxi driver. Based on the news, a lot of protests have been happening in the country against the Crown and the government. The news commentators were also talking about his half-brother, Madrid Anselmo being a tyrant and ruthless king. They were also talking about how a rebellious association got its members arrested because of Madrid and the government. Madrid ordered for the arrests for the members of the said revolutionary group.

Dinig din niyang may mga balitang buhay daw ang reyna. The commentators were blabbering how the deceased Queen Sofia Elena was still alive and that she faked her death to escape the ruthlessness of the king, her husband.

Pancho suddenly remembered when the news broke out to the world before—that Queen Sofia of the Philippines had died due to a fatal car accident.

But now, people are gossiping that Sofia was alive and was part of the rebellious association. Some cited sources coming from the royal household staff of the Ortiz de Rozaz palace itself.

Base pa lang sa naririnig niya, the Philippines, under Madrid's reign as king was chaotic. Madrid was merciless. Once you violate a rule, he will never forgive you. He will not give mercy.

"Matagal na kayong hindi nakabalik dito sa Pilipinas, 'no?" Biglang tanong ng driver kay Pancho.

"Huh?" He rather replied, confusingly. The driver didn't also recognize him that he was Prince Phaedron.

"Halata kasi sa expresyon niyo habang tinitignan ang nasa labas," anito. "Malaki talaga ang ipinagbago ng bansa natin simula 'nung mamatay si Queen Sofia. Malaki ang ipinagbago ng hari. Sabi nila, gumanda naman daw lalo ang bansa natin pero... hindi ko alam. Siguro? Pero nabubuhay naman tayo sa takot. Takot na magkamali. Takot na kalabanin sila kasi kapalit naman ang buhay mo."

Natahimik naman si Pancho matapos ang sinabi nito. Hindi niya alam kung anong mararamdaman niya. Mahabang panahon na rin simula 'nung pinili niyang umalis sa bansa at hindi na nagpakita. Wala na siyang alam tungkol sa nangyayari sa bansang kinagisnan niya. He left all his responsibilities as a prince and decided to live in Switzerland for good—without any contact from anyone in the royal family except his own younger sister, Amalia. Ito na lang ang tanging pamilyang pinahahalagahan niya.