Chapter Four

CHAPTER 4

Annabeth's POV

Finn grabs Amanda's arm and they stand up.

"What's a matter? It's just a cast member." Jason says.

"That ain't no cast member." Maybeck says standing up.

"Huh?" Piper says.

"On the count of three, everyone go the castle. You guys, just follow us." Everyone nods. I could tell that Finn was the natural leader of them. But it seems as if that kid Philby is trying to be the leader too. We all stand up with our stuff.

"One... Two... THREE!" We sprint from the shop. Percy grabs my hand as we run. I can't help but admire the castle. Since, well, I'm into architecture. The castle was magnificent. It took my breath away.

"Keep running!" Finn said.

"Finn! We have 3 pirates and 2 CTDs." Willa yells.

"Once we get in I'll distract them. Amanda, can you buy us some time?" Finn asks. She nods and slows down. I look back and see her stretch her arms out. The pirates and other thingies go flying. She runs back up to Finn.

"Follow me you guys. And listen carefully to anything I say. You don't want to end up in the moat." Finn yells.

We run through some doors and end up in this weird room. There are stairs upside down and lots of mirrors.

"Where are we?" Percy asks.

"Welcome to Escher's Keep." Jess says.

"Stay on the blue tiles ONLY!" Finn yells hopping awkwardly from tile to tile. It seems like they have all done it a few times already. I follow them as quickly as possible.

"Finn! Pirates!" Jess yells.

"Philby. Take them up. I'm going to distract them like I did at the parade." Finn says. I look over to Philby. He nods.

"We'll wait at the elevator." Philby says.

"If I'm not back in 5 minutes-"

"Finn." Amanda says.

"If I am, don't wait." He says. I watch as he closes his eyes. Then he starts to glow!

"What the heck! Dude! You're glowing!" Leo says. Finn opens his eyes and smiles. I see the other Kingdom Keepers smile too.

"We're back in business baby!" Maybeck says. Then Finn runs off the side. I continue following Philby.

"Whoa. He just ran through those pirates." Jason says.

"We got to go. Come on." Percy says. Philby leads us up some stairs until we stop at a door.

"Why aren't we going in?" Hazel asks.

"This is the elevator." Willa says. That's when we hear 3 splashes. The kids start laughing.

"What?" Frank asks. We all look at them with blank faces.

"And that would be the moat." Amanda says.

We hear footsteps. I can hear Amanda saying "Please be Finn." Over and over. Finally, the footsteps are heard on the last staircase. Sure enough, there's Finn. But he's not glowing anymore and has a pirate sword.

"Nice sword." Maybeck says. Finn looks at the sword and throws it to the side.

"Why are you throwing a perfectly good sword away?" Leo asks.

"Why do we need it?" he asks. He's got a point.

"Let's just keep moving." I say.

Finn nods and Philby opens the door. We step into a room that goes on forever. I look up and see stars.