Chapter Eight

Here is my the EPIC disclaimer!:

DISCLAIMER: I will someday own both Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus and Kingdom Keepers, but today is not that day. I also do not own "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey. It is only mentioned. All rights go to Ridley Pearson, Rick Riordan and Journey.

Enjoy! :)

CHAPTER 8

Amanda's POV

We follow Annabeth out of camp and hop on Mrs. O'Leary. About 45 minutes later, we end up in Vermont. Annabeth gasps at the sight.

The Vermont State House is a two-story white house with a gold dome at the top. There are 6 huge white columns at the front and a strip of gorgeous flowers in the middle of the walkway up to the building. It's definitely based off greek work.

"I love architecture." Annabeth says. "I'm actually the official architect of Olympus." she states.

"What happened to Olympus?" Willa asks.

"Oh, it got destroyed by Kronos in the second Titan War." she responds.

"Oh."

"This has to be based off the Temple of Hephaestus which is located in Athens. And look at Ceres on the dome! She's the roman goddess of agriculture." and Annabeth goes on and on about the architecture.

"So, are we going to go in?" I ask. I was getting impatient.

"Yes, just give me a moment to gather our stuff. Make sure you guys are ready." Annabeth says.

I hop off Mrs. O'Leary with Willa and we climb up the steps. I got to admit, the architecture is amazing. All the details on the building are astounding, I can't help but to gape at them. We wait by the door and finally Annabeth and Hazel walk up.

"Lets go." Annabeth says. You can hear the determination in her voice.

We walk in and gasp as the site. The inside is even more gorgeous than the exterior. I quickly pull Annabeth to the right side before she could start rambling. We stay close to the wall and huddle up.

"So Chiron let me do some research before we left and so I printed out some things I thought that might help." Hazel says, pulling out some papers from her messenger bag. "So the carving is in the Old Supreme Court Chamber, which is on the first floor. But we need a map."

I scan the room. Then I see a little rack of bright colored pamphlets on the left side of the building. I casually stroll over to the rack and pick up the closest pamphlet that was in English. I guess apparently there had been spanish tourist before me since the English pamphlets were on the other side. I open the first two pages of the pamphlet to see a map of the building. Using my finger, I scan the map until I find the room. I flip back on of the pamphlet's pages to find out more info on it and see a picture of the room.

"Uh guys. The room has only a small opening so that guest can see the room but not go fully into it." I say. Willa them comes walking towards me.

"Then I guess we'll just have to wait until there aren't many tourists and then go sneak into the room." Willa states.

"Gasp! Willa! Breaking the rules?!" I say sarcastically.

Willa rolls her eyes and lightly punches me in the arm. "Shut up Mandy." she say. We both giggle until an employee, I'm guessing security since the only other employee that would work here would most likely be a janitor, he isn't in a jumper, he isn't wearing headphones that are loudly playing Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'" and he isn't using a mop as a microphone, and he looks very professional, tells us to be quiet.