Chapter Six

This is in multiple POVs but mostly Finn's. :) Enjoy!

CHAPTER 6

Finn's POV

I pack my bag with everything I need. Food, water, First Aid kit, extra clothes, a jacket, The Fob, a pocket knife (in case), matches, flashlights, batteries and anything else I would need. I put my backpack by the door. I walk into the kitchen and see my mom and dad.

My dad looks up from his paper at me and looks back down.

"Good Morning Finn. What are you doing up so early?" he asks.

"Some friends and I are going to go exploring." Is that all I got?

"Do you have everything you need?" my mom asks. She is washing the dishes and has her hand all cover in soap.

"Yes, I packed everything."

"Are these "friends" the DHIs?" my dad asks. I don't like how he said "friends".

"Some of them are. The rest are some new friends I met recently." Take that!

The doorbell rings. I open the door to see Philby and Maybeck. I let them in. About 5 minutes later, the doorbell rings again. I open up to find Charlene, Willa, Amanda and Jess. We wait about another 10 minutes and finally the doorbell rings. I open up to see Percy and everyone else.

"So, who are your new friends Finn?" My mom asks. Ugh, seriously, I thought.

"Umm... how about you guys introduce yourselves." I say.

"Sure," Percy says. "I'm Percy Jackson."

"Hi, I'm Annabeth Chase." She says.

"Oh, what a lovely name Annabeth!" my mom exclaims. Man, I want to hide in a corner so badly right now.

"Thank you!" she responds.

"I'm Piper." Piper says.

"What's your last name?" my dad asks.

"Dad!" I say, trying to help Piper.

"It's okay. It's McLean."

All the girls gasp.

"You mean, Tristan McLean, McLean? The actor?" Charlene asks. I look over at Charlene and gave her a look that said you're one to talk, Miss. Disney Channel. She just shrugs, fangirling too hard to care.

"Ya, that's my dad," Piper responds. She backs up behind Jason.

"I'm Jason Grace." Jason says. He grabs Piper's hand.

"Nico Di Angelo." Nico says, not even adding a Hi! Or Hello! Or even a What's up?! My dad eyes me. I shrug.

"Hi, I'm Hazel Levesque,"

"I'm Frank Zhang,"

"And I'm Leo Valdez."

"Hello everyone!" my mom said.

"I'm Finn's mom, Mrs. Whitman. It's great to meet all of you!" Moms, they are all the same.

"Okay, so we better get going!" I said, trying to act happy and positive for my parents. "Bye Mom! Bye Dad." I said bye to my dad a little less excitedly. Mostly because of the look he gave me.

I lead all of my friends out the door. I was about to shut it when my mom stops me.

"Is this really about exploring?" My mom asks in a whisper.

"Yes Mom." She looks at me. I could tell she didn't believe me one bit.

"I am trusting you Lawrence Finnegan Whitman." I gulp. She rarely uses my full name. She winks, and I know its just an act for my father. I nod back. "Bye sweetie!" she says while giving me a side hug.