she almost kissed me.. (15) (tw) EDITED

TRIGGER WARNING, FIGHTING, POSSESSIVENESS, @BÜSE. I'LL TELL YOU WHEN IT STARTS AND ENDS SO YOU CAN SKIP

After literature class, which was kinda boring seeing as Peridot wasn't a literature fan unless it involved science, aliens, fiction or what people call "nerdy genres"

It was time for lunch but something seemed off..

Then all of a sudden it hit her.

Pearl didn't bring her lunch!

In fact..

Pearl wasn't even in the cafeteria which was very, very strange for pearl because she never skipped a meal with her friends, let alone let Peridot eat 'junk food' as she called it.

According to her, anything not home made is considered 'junk food' but I beg to differ.

Unfortunately for Peridot, they didn't bring money this morning meaning she couldn't buy food, standing in the middle of the cafeteria, very concerned for her hunger, as her stomach growled in protest.

She didn't even notice that a certain blunette was walking towards her like a woman on a mission..

A mission to feed their crush that is..

"Peridot? Are you gonna eat lunch? '' she asked as she held her own tray of food in her hands, consisting of a salad, a granola bar, a little box of goldfish and a little carton of chocolate milk because hmm hmm chocolate.

Peridot chuckled nervously as they scratched their neck as they looked at her. "About that.. Pearl normally makes a healthy lunch for me and gives it to me but.. She seems to be gone and I don't have money to actually buy anything... " she said and sighed softly.

Little did she know, Lapis internally cringed when hearing about Pearl. She noticed this morning that Pearl was glaring at Peridot and she certainly did not like that but she tried to not think of that as she smiles softly.

"We could share my lunch together! " She smiled sweetly at her.

Peridot gleamed in happiness before blushing nervously as they fidgeted. "You sure? It's your lunch not mine.. " she said but the mocha skinned girl replied with a bright smile and nod. It must have been contagious because Peridot smiled back at the girl before going to the usual table Peridot sat at.

Meanwhile, Lapis was thinking about how cute it was when Peridot gleamed in happiness.

Everyone re-introduced themselves since the first time they met wasn't exactly the best meeting experience...

Flashback to chapter 2

The two finally sat down and Lapis has split her granola bar in half as well as pouring out half the gold fish into Peridot's hand before beginning to eat her salad as Peridot ate one half of the granola bar.

Amethyst decided to be the one to speak up as she raised a brow looking back and forth between Lapis and Peridot. "So.. You guys sharing food now or-? " she asked, slightly annoyed that Lapis was sitting with Peridot.

Peridot blushed and opened their mouth to speak but Lapis beat her to it. "Pearl didn't show up for lunch and because she usually gives Peridot a lunch, I decided to offer half of mine since she couldn't buy anything. " Lapis answered the question as she casually eats.

Amethyst frowned when hearing about Pearl, memories from the fight resurfacing before she nodded, pushing the memories away. "I hope Pearl is ok.. " she mumbled softly to herself.

Soon Peridot finished eating the granola bar as well as the hand full of gold fish and Lapis drank some of the milk before swapping the milk and salad for the rest of the granola bar and gold fish.