Four

Naomi and Ginny had managed to find even more secret meeting spots than they had the year prior. Small little alcoves which lead to unknown rooms were located throughout the entire school. But the mass majority of them were hidden within the Ravenclaw tower. And that was where Naomi sat waiting for Ginny to turn up to see her. It had been a couple days since the two girls had last got some time together, there had been no real opportunity. Ginny had somehow managed to avoid detention for a little while now, and whenever Naomi sent her a little signal she got a very minimal response back. It was the troubles associated to being on opposite sides which were really grating on Naomi at the moment. 

Ginny did turn up almost an hour after she was supposed to. But Naomi had remained waiting for her all that time, like she would time and time again. Anything to see her spitfire of a girlfriend again. Yet when she arrived Naomi felt once again as if she could do nothing to help. The large bruise that was forming on the other girls jaw, a clear sign she had once again got in a fight with one of the Carrow siblings. Or another student. The possibilities were endless but irregardless of that Naomi was helpless. She couldn't step in, not in the current predicament. And she desperately needed to change that and soon. 

Though deciding it was best she did greet her girlfriend Naomi moved forwards from where she had been seated on one of the unused chairs to where Ginny now stood as the door softly closed behind the ginger. She wasted no time in bringing Ginny into a tight hug, drawing the girl as close as she physically could. Ginny wasn't hesitating in retuning the embrace considering the two girls were instantly in each others embrace. It was times like these that Naomi got to realise just what she was fighting for. She was fighting for more moments like these, for a future. She just wouldn't get it if she remained on her side. 

"Who did this to you?" Naomi broke the silence as she pulled back slightly to look at Ginny properly. One of the hands she used to hold the other girl moved so it faintly brushed over the girls jaw. Ginny hissed at the contact to the bruise and instantly Naomi removed her hand moving it to gently play with Ginny's hair. 

"It doesn't matter Ni, you can't go around hexing everyone that hurts me." Ginny attempted to protest.

"It does matter Gin. It always will matter to me. Someone hurt you and they should pay for it." Naomi wanted to push her point forward. She had promised herself to stop anyone from causing harm to Ginny this year, and so far she was doing a rather poor job of that. 

"Let us focus on something else." Ginny tried to move the conversation on but Naomi was still fixated on her inability to protect Ginny. 

"I can't Gin. I'm sorry but I just can't. Every time I see you, you have more and more injuries. You won't let me change sides. What am I suppose to do to help?" Naomi felt her desperation seep out into her words. She was at the end of her tether.

"You help me whenever we spend time around you. When I'm here, with you, the war isn't going on. We're not on opposing sides. I'm just Ginny and you're just Naomi. Not Ginny the Order member and Naomi the Death Eater." Ginny seemed to try to be consoling but it wasn't working. 

"I just... Ginny I love you so much. And yet every day I'm watching you be in more and more pain. Seeing you hurt, it makes my heart hurt. I just want to be able to help you. I can defect now. I can come over and help you." Naomi knew bringing up the old argument they had been having for nearly a year now was not going to go to plan. 

"I still won't let you. I don't believe the time is right. You're doing so much at the moment without even realising. You stop the punishments for many of us before they can get too bad. You're saving us from immense pain. We need you to help us that way for now." Ginny had changed the way they were embracing each other as she walked Naomi to be sitting down and so she was standing, before starting to move her hands through the brunette locks.

"Please Ginny. I don't want to be on this side anymore. I hate seeing what they're doing to you, to the young students. I hate everything they stand for." Naomi continued to babble on, she had never been a blood loyalist, she never would be. And seeing what the people on her side were doing in the name of blood purity was disgusting to Naomi. 

"I really don't think its time."

"When will it ever be time? You've been saying that for months. I don't think there's a perfect moment in time." Naomi mumbled out. She just wanted to do something right for once in her life. 

"There will be a time. I don't know when, but there will be a time." Ginny forever the optimist was always looking to the future positively. Yet Naomi could only see bleak, dark things in her future. 

The pair continued to Basque in each others presence for a little while longer. Neither of them aware that the war they thought was only mainly occurring outside of the school was on its way. And it had no intent to let anyone off easily.