Nine

The group of nine made their way from the room of requirement towards the top part of the castle. Many of the group already knew where they were upon entrance and most of the way they were heading considering they had all once been students within the school. However, due to the busy atmosphere of the surrounding area, considering the time of day there were still many students around it meant that Naomi and Draco had to guide the adults. For Naomi would not allow a single student to come to harm tonight. The Death Eaters were here for Albus Dumbledore and that was the only person she would allow them access to. She didn't want to but, it was him or the student population. She knew at some point she would come to regret even more actually completing the cabinet. 

But for now she had to remain focused. Stay on the predetermined route her and Draco had meticulously planned over the last couple of weeks. It was a route which nearly completely avoided all other students and faculty members. Though it would appear their route wasn't as unpredictable as they first thought. For as they reached the wooden beamed roof of the top floor they met with another group of adults. Naomi was quick to easily determine this group as being members of the The Order. The group of light wizards who were responsible for winning the first war and were more than likely going to win the one they were currently engaging in. She didn't recognise many of the adults who were waiting there for them, other than one. Naomi's eyes widened as she locked eyes with the Gare of her ex- teacher. For at the very front of the group was the Remus Lupin, the only Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher Naomi had actually liked and appreciated. Naomi could not help but to look down avoiding the eyes of her teacher and the other members of the Order. Ashamed of her actions which had brought her here, her right hand going automatically to the mark on her left arm. She rubbed harshly at the magical tattoo causing it to ache in a way she felt as though she deserved. 

Though she did not have much time to ponder in her own self pity, for she was suddenly moving out of the way of the spells being thrown between the groups. Naomi rushed over to the corner of the room, close to one of the large wooden pillars which was enough to hide her from the sight of the others around her. It was enough to cover her as the fighting moved from the current area they were in to somewhere else as the group spanned out separating into smaller duelling pairs. Naomi thought perhaps now they were occupied that this would be her opportunity to escape. But it would appear her crafty little hiding spot wasn't that crafty in the end. 

"Miss Nott." The disappointed tone of the voice she had only heard a couple of years ago snapped her out of the thought that she was hidden. If she was honest, she was even surprised the professor had remembered her, or even knew her name in that time. 

"Professor." Naomi looked up to see the look of pure shame and disappointment from her professor. She had nothing to say, how could she. Naomi knew that this look would be one forever sketched into her memory, this look would be the first of many she would receive. But it was the way he looked at her specifically that she just knew would make him the face she saw whenever she got ready to do anything related to the Death Eaters in the future. 

He continued to study her for a second and Naomi wasn't sure what was going to come next. Would he hex her so she faced the consequences of her actions? She wasn't sure but she knew at some point in time she would have to come to terms and face the music. 

"They got you too huh?" Lupin's words seemed to take on a slightly softer tone as he continued to stare at her. Naomi took to looking at him with a face of shock, she knew that he was not an ex-death eater. He had never been mentioned as one. But the way he spoke was as if he either knew someone who had been or someone who had made a very narrow escape from the clutches of the Dark Lord. 

Naomi found herself unable to speak any words. She didn't know whether to confide in him or to run. It wasn't like she could defend her actions anyways. There wasn't something she could use, after all saying she was scared she was going to be killed wasn't really on scale to endangering the whole Hogwarts population.