Seven

The next thing Naomi became aware about was a ringing in her ears and a horrible headache. She was no longer on the side of the castle she had been stood on moments beforehand. But rather on the floor below. Stood hovering above her was the paternal figure of the Weasley family, Arthur she had heard his name was. He seemed to let out a sigh of relief upon seeing her alive. And that was when she turned to see that not everyone had been as lucky as she was following the explosion. For both Professor Lupin and his wife, Nymphadora Tonks were not as lucky. And Naomi knew even more now than ever that she had to fight for what she truly believed was right. Not for what her father or brother seemed to believe. Because her professor had still believed in her all this time. And she wouldn't let that unchallenged trust go to waste. 

Upon seeing that she as okay Arthur Weasley quickly disappeared from Naomi's view. He was gone and all she could see was a little flicker of ginger in the near distance. But Naomi wouldn't stay down for long she had something to do. Therefore, as she slowly rose to her feet, she knew she needed to run away quickly. Find something else to do before she was stunned into danger. For the longer she stood there, the more of a target she became. Her defection to The Order, as she had heard them being called, was not a well known fact and she could still use that to her advantage. 

Naomi began to run more towards the courtyard where she could see spells flying through the air in every direction. The sounds of more explosions bounced around her head as Naomi got closer and closer to where the action seemed to be. What really caught her attention was a loud scream that could have only come from a child. Now Naomi wasn't really someone who had that motherly streak but she wasn't cruel. The sound of someone so young obviously in trouble was enough to cause her to investigate. 

It would be worth while as Naomi approached. The scream had to come from a 1st or second year girl. She was so small with black hair in two little pigtails and still in her school uniform, not that Naomi could say anything her tattered Slytherin jumper was nothing to talk big about. The wizard in particular was Acastus Mulciber, a man presumably around the same age as Naomi's father, he was considered an old Death Eater having been around during the first wizarding war. He was a brute, not caring for the people he harmed as part of his personal beliefs to rid the wizarding world of anyone who was not of ancient blood. His long dark cloak was brushing upon the rubble he stood over as he glared down at the young girl who was petrified in fear in front of him. He seemed to have noticed Naomi as she approached them, and obviously he assumed she was here to give him a hand. 

"Finally joined the party Nott? Took you long enough." He sneered in her direction, that was one of the main things Naomi hated about the fellow death eaters which wasn't related to the entire cause. The way they always sneered when they talked. It was almost as if they had the inability to 

"I won't let you harm an innocent girl."

"She's a mudblood, her existence makes her guilty."

"Does your fragile bloody purity make you so scared of something new? That's your fault nobody would marry you." At her next set of words Naomi had moved so that she was stood completely covering the young girl, well at least she thought she was. This only angered Acastus even further. He couldn't believe such a good pure blood child was acting in this way. One of his own side was standing up for someone who was the entire reason the cause existed. 

Naomi was actually the first one to fire a non verbal spell his way. Non-verbal spells were the ones that all the young death eaters had been forced to learn and work on for the last couple of months. They were supposed to help them beat their enemies considering they weren't sure what was heading in their direction until it was too late. However, employing this tactic against another death eater was always going to be more challenging as that was the same one they all used. Even some of the older ones. The only verbal one they would use was the killing curse. 

Spell after spell cracked through the air as Naomi worked to block and rebuttal everything he sent her way. A couple of times she had some close calls, if the sleeves of her school cardigan were anything more to go by. The left one, the one which now showed her mark had been torn to the point where it was only in tact past her elbow. 

"You missed."

"It's not you I'm aiming at." Mulciber giggled which had to be the worst sound Naomi had ever heard. And then she realised that his completely off target spell she hadn't thought to block was aimed at the young girl who Naomi hadn't heard anything from for a little while. Without thinking she sent a couple of curses in the direction of Mulciber watching as he crumpled to the ground below before turning to the young girl. 

Once Naomi was sure Mulciber was down and not getting back up anytime soon, she at least didn't think he was dead just unconscious, she finally approached the young girl. She was alive, that was obvious as her chest still rose up and down. But she was completely unresponsive and Naomi had no clue what spell just hit her. She just knew she needed to get this girl to help. And that would involve her running through the rest of the courtyard young girl in her arms, Naomi at least assumed she could carry her might have to resort to levitation, and directly into the Orders arms. And considering they were all going to see the mark she wasn't sure what was going to happen. 

But this girl needed help, and Naomi was determined to get her it. Irregardless of what it took her to get there. The longer she thought about it, which was pretty fast considering the surrounding environment, the better Naomi realised it would be to magically carry the girl to the medical area, which she had overheard as being the great hall. It was about a 6 minute walk away and therefore, she was sure that others would see an injured student and help right? Or god forbid someone had a flashback to the quidditch World Cup three years ago and thought she was about to do some public torture. 

Naomi wasn't sure but this seemed like her best bet.