1 || the end and the beginning

My knuckles were bruised like violetsSucker punching walls, cursed you as I sleep-talkedSpineless in my tomb of silenceTore your banners down, took the battle underground-The Great War, Taylor Swift

Sucker punching walls, cursed you as I sleep-talked
Spineless in my tomb of silence
Tore your banners down, took the battle underground
-The Great War, Taylor Swift

My knuckles were bruised like violetsSucker punching walls, cursed you as I sleep-talkedSpineless in my tomb of silenceTore your banners down, took the battle underground-The Great War, Taylor Swift

November 12th 2015
HYDRA Base, Sokovia

No sound can be heard aside from a quiet crackling of electricity. The blue light of the sceptre flickers in the otherwise dark room and the two siblings, along with the young girl, share a knowing look. For the twins, this moment is what their entire lives have been building up to, and for the girl, well she hasn't had much of a life at all, so she's happy to believe the stories that the twins tell her of the evil man who murdered their parents.

Right outside the building they're hidden away in, said man flies around the sky in a blur of red and gold, as the rest of the Avengers fight on the ground below. The forest that entraps the three in this prison is iced over, the uneven land coated in snow and ice. The sounds of explosions echo throughout the forest as the Avengers take out guard after guard. Though it's a strange mixture of people, featuring billionaires, gods, ex-assassins, green rage monsters, and fossils, the Avengers take out all of the guards outside the base with little trouble.

Iron Man flies up toward the base but bashes into an invisible barrier before he can enter, "Shit!" he curses.

"Language!" Steve scolds on instinct, eliciting a loud snort from Aria through his earpiece, "J.A.R.V.I.S," he continues, ignoring her, "what's the view from upstairs?"

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any other HYDRA base we've taken." the AI tells them.

"Loki's scepter must be here. Strucker couldn't mount this defence without it. At long last." Thor declares as he fights off guard after guard.

"I thought this was supposed to be a quick in-and-out situation." Aria groaned.

"At long last is lasting a little long, boys." Nat chimes in.

As soldiers shoot at him relentlessly, Clint joins the conversation, "Yeah. I think we lost the element of surprise."