۞ || end-credits

November 19th, 2015Sanctum Sanctorum, New York

November 19th, 2015
Sanctum Sanctorum, New York

His panicked voice dragged her back to reality.

"Liza?"

Elizabeth woke with a gasp.

Her shirt was wet with sweat and her hand gripped the silk sheets beneath her like she'd fly away without them- not that they'd stopped that. Panting, she tried to regain her breath as she sat up, her hands flying up to her forehead, to wipe away the sheen of sweat that had gathered.

It was still dark in their room and the city below them was as quiet as New York ever would be. She glanced at Stephen's face, his brow contorted in concern and his hand resting gently on her shoulder.

"Are you okay?"

His words echoed around her head, as though the thing had been hollowed until she pulled herself together and replied, laughing, breathily, not too easily, "Yeah, just a bad dream."

She practically tumbled out of the sheets, gripping the mahogany posts of the bed for support before she rushed over to the window. "What are you doing?" he asked, rising from the bed too.

"I just- I need some air." she fiddled with the rickety old window until she pried it open.

"Hon, don't lie to me. Something's wrong." he declared, his voice low as he approached her.

She spun around to face him, her forehead creased as she contemplated, "I had a dream... but it wasn't a dream and the Avengers were there. Aurelia Stark and Thor's girlfriend and the other two Deas... I presume."

"Maybe you're just stressed?" he shrugged, coaxing his hands through her golden locks.

"No." she declared, adamantly, "It wasn't a dream. I wasn't there physically but they were there too. Mentally or spiritually or something. They know who I am now."

He assured her, "They're not going to find you. There's nowhere safer than the Sanctum."

"It's not them I'm worried about. There was someone- something else there. It's coming; I know it is."

He frowned, "It was a bad dream."

"Stephen, I've been alive all this time and all of a sudden there's four of the other Deas alive at the same time. Something is happening. We have to be ready."

NO TIME LIKE THE PRESENTout now!

out now!