9 || wings

In the moment we're lost and foundI just wanna be by your sideIf these wings could flyFor the rest of our lives-Wings, Little Mix

I just wanna be by your side
If these wings could fly
For the rest of our lives
-Wings, Little Mix

In the moment we're lost and foundI just wanna be by your sideIf these wings could flyFor the rest of our lives-Wings, Little Mix

November 17th, 2015
Barton's Home, Unknown Location

In the living room of the Barton home, Lila rushes to the kitchen table, eager to impress Nat with her painting. The assassin offers the little girl a half-hearted smile as she accepts it and places it down on the table.

"Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time. My contacts all say he's building something. The amount of Vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing." Fury, a rather sudden and surprising, undead arrival, declares.

"What about Ultron himself?" Steve asks.

"Ah. He's easy to track." Fury shrugs.

"So why are we here and not ending this thing wherever he is?" Aria snaps, lifting her head from her hands for the first time in a while.

"Because he's everywhere." Fury tells her, "Guy's multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit. Still doesn't help us get an angle on any of his plans though."

"He still going after launch codes?" Tony asks.

"Yes, he is, but he's not making any headway."

"I cracked the Pentagon's firewall in high school on a dare." he declares, giving the ex-director a deadpan look.

"Yeah, well, I contacted our friends at the Nexus about that."

"Nexus?" Steve questions.

"It's the world internet hub in Oslo," Bruce explains, "every byte of data flows through there, fastest access on earth."

"So what'd they say?"

"He's fixated on the missiles, but the codes are constantly being changed."

"By whom?"

"Parties unknown."

"Do we have an ally?" Nat asks.

"Ultron's got an enemy, that's not the same thing." Fury declares.