12 || eye of the hurricane

It was the best of times, the worst of crimesI struck a match and blew your mindBut I didn't mean it, and you didn't see it-Getaway Car, Taylor Swift

I struck a match and blew your mind
But I didn't mean it, and you didn't see it
-Getaway Car, Taylor Swift

It was the best of times, the worst of crimesI struck a match and blew your mindBut I didn't mean it, and you didn't see it-Getaway Car, Taylor Swift

November 18th 2015
Avengers Tower, New York

"Anything on Nat?" Bruce asks Tony, hopefully.

"Haven't heard," the billionaire shrugs, "but she's alive, or Ultron'd be rubbing our faces in it."

Tony, Bruce, Julia, and Clint are the only ones in not only the lab but the entire tower. In the middle of the room, the cradle sits, dormant, as everyone studies it closely. Over and over again, Tony's phone rings in his pocket with calls from his daughter, though every time he allows it to ring and ring until it goes to voicemail. He knows she's onto him- she knows him too well.

"This is sealed tight.", Clint declares, studying the cradle.

"We're going to need to access the program, break it down from within.", Bruce tells them.

"Hm.", Tony turns to Julia, "Any chance Natasha might leave you a message, outside the internet, old school spy stuff?"

"Maybe." the woman shrugs, "There's some nets I can cast. Methods I have." she nods, "I'll find her.", she glances at Clint, clearly sensing his distress, "Barton, think you could be of assistance?"

"Yeah, yeah. We've got this. We'll be fine. She'll be fine." he declares, rushing down the stairs, with Julia following behind him.

"I can work on tissue degeneration if you can fry whatever operational system Cho implanted," Bruce mumbles distractedly, as he fiddles with the settings of the cradle.

Awkwardly, Tony scratches the back of his neck, planting his hands in his pockets and looking as guilty as a mischievous schoolboy, "Yeah, about that..."

For a few moments, Bruce just stares at the man, "No."

"You have to trust me."

"Kinda don't."

"Our ally? The guy protecting the military's nuclear codes?" he holds out his phone and projects an image of J.A.R.V.I.S' consciousness, "I found him."

"Hello, Dr. Banner," the AI greets in his familiar British accent.